• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Lyman Deerstalker Stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Right hand percussion stock. Very good condition. Only furniture that it still has is the trigger guard and nose piece. I stripped it years ago and refinished using Truoil. $80 shipped

Attachments

• IMG_2715.jpeg
    IMG_2715.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2714.jpeg
    IMG_2714.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 0
The barrel that I used was a Green Mountain LRH 1-28 twist. 15/16” x 28”. I bought the whole gun years ago and replaced the original barrel. I have since used most of the stock parts for another project.

See, that is the basis for my questions. The barrel in my mind is between 28" & 32". So your stock would probably support my barrel. Unless you had trouble with it.
I have Investarms hardware thus my question about manufacture. Steve.

So I've done a little internet search and what it looks like to me is Investarms did the manufacture for Lyman along with other companies. The locks should be compatible. I measured the lock inlet. From front to rear (longest measurement) I get 5 1/16th inch. The top to bottom in the tallest location I get 1 1/16th inch and the forward shortest top to bottom is 11/16th inch. Hope that makes sense?

This is a holiday weekend. I'm not in a hurry. In fact I will ask for more and better pictures if Lyman is part of Investarms. After thinking about it I felt kind of silly asking. Lyman Great Plains Rifle sound familiar? Duh! I'm looking for the finish on the stock along with scratches and dents. I'm not looking for perfection just want to know so there's no surprises if I buy. Also, please measure from the very front end of the nose cap to the back of the tang, I understand the tang isn't present. Just the distance is important.
I'll measure my lock now.
Thanks, Steve
Oh, got any sights front or back? Not in CVA or Traditions?

Latest posts

Back