Lyman peep backwards?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoinLV

Reaction score
I own a .504 White Bison with a Lyman 57SME peep. Contrary to the user guide, turning the windage knob clockwise moves the site (and POI) to the right. Not a huge deal (figured this out PDQ at first range session), although the windage indicator plate is barely in the hatch marks at the extreme of its movement.
Am I nuts, or just "oldtimers disease"? Thanks!
P8290001.JPG

Part of it looks backwards.

3572087_receiver_sight_57_1.jpg

Looking at multiple pictures on the White site and web, almost all are mounted on the left side of the receiver (mine on right)... Reversing parts doesn't look feasible - I'll just go with it as is.

Looking at multiple pictures on the White site and web, almost all are mounted on the left side of the receiver (mine on right)... Reversing parts doesn't look feasible - I'll just go with it as is.
All the Whites I have owned had the two pre drilled and tapped screw holes for the Lyman peep on the right side of the receiver looking down the barrel.

I own a .504 White Bison with a Lyman 57SME peep. Contrary to the user guide, turning the windage knob clockwise moves the site (and POI) to the right. Not a huge deal (figured this out PDQ at first range session), although the windage indicator plate is barely in the hatch marks at the extreme of its movement.
Am I nuts, or just "oldtimers disease"? Thanks!
View attachment 10340
Is your front sight centered ? Also could be your action maybe not centered or canted? The sight looks right to me .

Back