Mag Spark

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these? Two piece replacement nipple allows for use of 209 primer in a percussion sidelock. Wondering with this if I could shoot Black Horn out of my Lyman.

I would not recommend shooting BlackHorn out of your Lyman. Just because you have a Mag Spark on the rifle the fire channel through the drum/bolster is still no bigger. Plus you run the risk of damage to your rifle. Just be happy you have a great rifle and it shoots good. As for the Mag Spark, I personally think they are more bother then they are worth.

rangerod said:
Anyone know anything about these? Two piece replacement nipple allows for use of 209 primer in a percussion sidelock. Wondering with this if I could shoot Black Horn out of my Lyman.
I wouldn't use a mag spark either. Tried one once and decided to #11 cap is much better . I wouldn't shoot blackhorn in my GPR either but I admit in my White English sporting rifle I did . It didn't need a magspark or 209 primer. I just used 10 gr pyrodex as a primer and 70 gr blackhorn. But the white could handle it I wouldn't do that with a Lyman I dont think .

Latest posts

Back