Magazines for muzzleloading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramitupurs84

Reaction score
Is there any off the rack that a young pup like myself could pick up to further educate myself on the muzzle loading.

to hell with magazines, stay on the hunting forums where you can get help direct and not have to read what paid magazine writers say.

On second thought, a great book, all though pointed more towards traditional muzzleloading is a book by Rick Hacker *The muzzleloading hunter* You can get them on ebay for a few bucks.

There use to be a couple, but I don't see them at Books-A-Million anymore. There are several paid posters on muzzleloading internet forums as well. We tend to accept what we read on these forums as fact, but often that's not the case. Muzzleloader Magazine is very good but only deals with traditonal equipment. I'd be a lot more likely to believe what I read in a magazine than what I read on the internet. The person posting may not even own a muzzleloader.

I wouldn't trade you guys in for a magazine LOL...I promise.

My last book I read was "In with th old breed" by E.B. Sledge---lasts a awesome book along with "Crow Killer"

I will have to check that out! But no real good magazines?

Swampman

eht si"i siht ,
I'd be a lot more likely to believe what I read in a magazine than what I read on the internet. The person posting may not even own a muzzleloader.
I have seen advertisements in ML magazines that parrot what a manufancturer has written in a marketing campaign. I'll tell you this there might be paid posters here but the boys will let you know rather quickly what works and what doesn't on these live, up to date posts. I love ot read, but it is old info on printing day, these guys are on it right now and probably have more experience then most paid staff authors in many mags. No I disagree w/ you Swampman, this is the place to get your news, information and the truth! If you fib or stretch it here your toast my friend!

I ask this because I am amazed how far technolgy has came since 2003-04 when I stopped hunting and shooting (college/ worked the weekends). The whole Truimph principle is a headknocker...like how come that was out when I got mine lol...

Well i like to read Mag's and look at the Pics also.Yes alot of good info on some of these forums and alot of pure bias BS to booth coming from peps that have some kind ROW that they feel they must HO on curtain products.One must be able to seperate the chaft from the wheat and not take what alot think is the way things should be all the time :roll:

MM is the place to be for all the smokepole 411. Pissst, hey over here, I'll let you in on a little secret... any information gleaned form UC, Bat, or cayuga is to be disregarded... these guys are lost as hogans goat... :stretch:

I subscribe to Blac Powder guns and hunting.
Muzzleloader Mag and I belong to the NMLRA and I git their Mag Muzzle Blasts it's more for trad guns as is muzzleloader mag.

The Fall issue of Blackpowder Guns & Hunting is on the news stands right now. It is excellent..

I like the idea of muzzle loaders. It takes a little more skill in my opinion then center fire rifles. I just want to keep up on it. Can you find it at Barnes and Nobles?

frontier gander said:
to hell with magazines, stay on the hunting forums where you can get help direct and not have to read what paid magazine writers say.

with ya on that, fg

ramitupurs84, I was in the same spot you are in last year. I ended up using an load cayuga told me to try. took a doe last year with it.

watch out for the muzzleloader bug. I bought an used knight last year. now I have 5.
:roll:

I blame fg, on one of them. :p

almost forgot, a lot of regular hunting mags. start putting out ML issues.

If you read the article on "Powder Performance" in Blackpowder Guns & hunting it states that he shot the Electra with BH209 and then he says that the Electra will not shoot BH209. Also I don't think I want to use scented Talcum Powder as a wind indicater as the writer says in "Gone with the Wind".

johnpb said:
If you read the article on "Powder Performance" in Blackpowder Guns & hunting it states that he shot the Electra with BH209 and then he says that the Electra will not shoot BH209. Also I don't think I want to use scented Talcum Powder as a wind indicater as the writer says in "Gone with the Wind".

Like it was said in that nappa commercial,It's well known that deer like a good fragrance

Latest posts

Back