Maryland's early season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega45

Reaction score
Had a good early season shooting 4 and my son got his first muzzleloader deer. I will omit one 250gr Parker Ballistic Extreme picture as it's just nasty :lol:

Youth gun season is just around the corner so hopefully my son can drop a few more with his smokeless muzzleloader.

One in front (with exit hole) was shot with a saboted Precision Rifle 240gr Dead Center bullet and one in back was shot with a sabotless 250gr Parker BE within 5 minutes of each other at 60yds. Gun is a Rem 700ML with a .45 McGowen barrel.
Axiomdoes_zpsfc55a34c.jpg

This one which ended up being a big bodied button buck was shot at 200yds with a sabotless fullformed 240gr Cutting Edge bullet. Gun is a Stevens 200 action with a Pacnor .392/.400 barrel.
cuttingedgekill_zps98a808fc.jpg

This one is my son's which he shot at 80-90 yards with a saboted Barnes 195MZ. He said it was small but I told him the smaller ones are harder to hit. Gun is a Slufoot 45-70 conversion.
alexapex_zps2cd9bbfe.jpg

Congratulations to the both of you on some very nice venison there.

Congrads to you and your son! :applause: :yeah: Lots of fine eating you have for the freezer.

Nice job dad. I never heard of a Slufoot conversion until today. What exactly is that?

Slufoot is a member on Doug's Message Boards. He converts the 45-70 break open guns to .45 smokeless muzzleloaders by threading the breech for a Savage breech plug.

Congratulations to you both, Your going to need a bigger freezer for all that meat.

Latest posts

Back