Mk 95 54caliber

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight 54

Reaction score
I have mk95 in the camo stock 54 cailber ss bbl.havent shot it much.any load ideas would be greatly appreciated

100 grainsV of Pyrodex or 777, and a Speer .500dia 325gn Unicore in an MMP Purple sabot. Speer Unicores might be a little hard to find but they shoot great.

Speer Bullets 50 Cal (500 Diameter) 325 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point (midwayusa.com)

This XTP should be a good one too. Maybe try it with 90gnV charge.

Hornady XTP Mag Bullets 50 Cal (500 Diameter) 350 Grain Jacketed (midwayusa.com)

Rainier made a great bullet with the 336gn HP but they stopped making them.

I have the same rifle, 50cal too. I also make my own lead bullets.

Barnes 54x50 275gr Expander is also a really good bullet for the 54s. I didnt care for the 325gr version nearly as much. Needs a much hotter load to get the accuracy i wanted. The Speer though is the best if you can find them. Speer also made a 50 300gr but its actually a tougher bullet. Less expansion but a little more penetration. Not really needed for deer. The Speer 325gr is exceptional at "old school" ML speeds.

325 grn. Barnes expander, purple sabot over 90 grns. Of Blackhorn.
this load has worked for me for years, took a lot of deer with it.

That Harvester 54cal sabot is excellent for hot loads. That Powerbelt however is VERY light for 54cal. TC used MMP sabots and its a bit larger than the Harvester. Use whichever fits tight without being a huge struggle to load. The 300gr XTP in them should be fine.

Which ignition did you get with yours, #11 or Posifire? Just curious.

Back