MMP Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunting101

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me? Wanting to shoot 250g and 300g .452 Hornady XTP bullets with MMP sabots through my Savage. I know I am to use the MMP short black sabot, but do I order the HPH/12 or the HPH/24? Whats the difference??? Thanks in advance. SS

If you want the short black sabots,order the 50black. they are the short ones. $7.25 per 50 from MMP. The hph12 and hph24 are long high pressure sabots. hph24s loaded ok for me in my MLII. The hph12s were tough to load.

HPH24=.505-.506 dia. HPH12=.507 dia. These diameters are with a .452 bullet.

Greg

I think that unless you have an unusually tight bore that the HPH12 is a better choice. The loading is moderately firm but that tends to shoot better in most MLers. If you shoot very hot loads, or have a very tight barrel then the HPH 24 may serve better.

The best way,is to try all three! In my gun what loads the best,dose not shoot the best. The HPH-12's load a little stiff,but shoot great in my gun. The short black ones load ok,but don't give the best accuracy. And tha HPH24's shoot all over the target,but load real easy. You will have to try them in your gun and see what it likes. Ron :)

I guess my 10ML has an unusually tight bore, because I have a devil of a time getting HPH-12s down the barrel. The other morning it was about 30F out and I thought I was going to break the ramrod.

For me, HPH-24s will cut group size in half as compared to HPH-12 or MMP short loads.

Again, you have to try them in YOUR gun, though.

Mountain Man said:
I guess my 10ML has an unusually tight bore, because I have a devil of a time getting HPH-12s down the barrel. The other morning it was about 30F out and I thought I was going to break the ramrod.

For me, HPH-24s will cut group size in half as compared to HPH-12 or MMP short loads.

Again, you have to try them in YOUR gun, though.

Yeah that! :applause:

Latest posts

Back