MN HUNTERS CHIME IN!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroszkowski

Reaction score
Well, and fun opener stories yet? Snowy in Bemidji.. i am so freaked out about geting my powder wet as i didn't tape it this morning.

mroszkowski

Gotta Keep The Powder Dry! or if you don't you are almost guaranteed to see the biggest critter you have ever seen right there 20 yards in front of ya! And when you pull down on hime he will stand there broadside looking right at cha - then psssstttt and away he goes....

quick question-
If i use electrical tape for the end of the barrel, do i have to remove it before i shoot? is there anything i can use that i won't have to remove?

At Wal-Mart in the Medical section,they sell "Finger Cots" they are like little condoms for your fingers.They work extremely well and you don't have to remove them,just shoot thru.

mroszkowski

well what do you all use? Tape and then remove it? or is there some sort of trick that you use?

Just shoot thru it... the pressure trying to get out of the barrel will remove it...

As said finger cots will work well, ballons will work, fingers off surgical gloves will work... I use a product with that traditions makes - the rubber is a little bit thicker than cots or surgical gloves. Shoot thru them all...

I do not use the tape that much because once the barrel gets wet and you loose or shoot thru the dry one it is awful hard to get the next one to stick...

What kinda gun are you shooting? With some guns you need to protect the breech also... Nevermind I see it is a Omega in your log on...

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... rchResults

well here is what i came up with. the thumb of a latex glove. Whatcha think? ok to shoot thru?

barrelcov.jpg

mroszkowski

That should work just fine....

Suggestion - if you are not using that front sight - take it off then your muzzle cover would even be more positive...

Here is cover on my Omega...

MuzzleMitt.jpg

mroszkowski

Yes I beleive it will - if it does not interfer with your sighting... I have one more slight fear. I am thinking at some point the front sight might punch/wear a whole in the rubber near the fiber optic and cause the whole thing to loose itegrity....

I know you do not have enough room on the tip of the muzzle to keep the mitt on by itself... but as a suggestion - think I would take a rubber band and place it snuggly around the mitt just in front of the sight and on the barrel - if the mitt splits it will hold the mitt in place or try it with just the mitt and rubber band without the mitt going over you front site...

Does that make sense - here I'll grab another picture..

MuzMittwithband.jpg

Latest posts

Back