More Pesky Pigs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it looks like this little pig went to market??
I've hauled coolers full of hog legs to give to the other guys at a monthly muzzleloader shoot for some time now. Never have made any money from them....it's just something to keep an old codger like me up and moving. I have one local guy that owns a doughnut shop to loves to process them himself, so I drop off a couple good sized ones for him occasionally too.

Shot #799 this morning....large boar, but fairly skinny. He sure had a nasty temper though ! I told my buddy that I was going to load up a muzzleloader pistol of mine to use when I run into # 800..

Nice pistol!
I had that pistol custom built for me quite a few years ago, just to use for a plinker. It is a .40 caliber, but with 30 grains of 3f, it still can do a pretty good job. I have shot hogs with it before....along with targets, cans, etc.....

And more pigs:

Ft7XeCtl.jpg

One of the neighbors big sheep dog has a taste doe pork:

MJJiaWsl.jpg
Good lord Floyd, you're overrun worse than when we were there last.

Good lord Floyd, you're overrun worse than when we were there last.

This is not the place you all hunted. It's my property north of Elmore City. It's about 50 miles south of OK City. You're welcome to camp there and hunt hogs any time outside deer season. The place has a night time hog hunting permit too.

Last edited:
Try NYC.
😇
Many years ago, I was hiking through the Great Smokey Mountains down on the Tennessee, North Carolina border, with three old friends of mine, and we were charged by a sow that was guarding her young. You never seen four guys with full packs on run faster in your life! Luckily, she turned around. But if I ever hike down there again, I will be carrying!

This is not the place you all hunted. It's my property north of Elmore City. It's about 50 miles south of OK City. You're welcome to camp there and hunt hogs any time outside deer season. The place has a night time hog hunting permit too.
Thank you Floyd. We do appreciate it. I will definitely let you know before we go. Take care and say hello from us to your wife.

What is the hanging trash can with the attachment on the bottom for? Inquiring minds want to know.

It's a feral hog death trap.

Last spring i wasted over 50 small pigs at that feeder using a 12 gauge shotgun and #4 buckshot. The young neighbor guy blasted 30-40 more.

Dead pigs don't become pesky hogs.

Last edited:
Yea, we put the hurting on them for a few years along with everyone else in the neighborhood, you may miss them when they are gone, having trouble finding enough to make some sausage.

any thing pork and bacon grease if soooo, gooood for YAH! my arteries are down a quart!!

Back