Mosin Nagant M91-30 range report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Got the new scope mounted last night, dialed it in at 50 yards and then took it out to 100 yards.

3 shots at 100. The next 2 shots is me shooting one round and then my brother shooting the next round to end the session. Me thinks this 91-30 will be a shooter! And this is bulk military ammo to! Wait till we start shooting hand loads in this sucker!

Stock was drilled and Aluminum pillars were added. I also fully bedded the stock in the pillar area as well.
DSCN5535.jpg

DSCN5533.jpg

DSCN5537.jpg

DSCN5541.jpg

:D

Pretty good shootin' with that old relic. Could have a real shooter there!

Ray..... ;)

The only thing I don't like about it is the angle of the stock. Looks like it would punish you with heavy handloads.

Got another good day in with the Nagant. 100 yards

My first group was BAD. I had it on 24x and is was a whitish haze, i figured it was due to the zoom being in so much so i backed it down until it was crystal clear, 17x and shot this 5 shot group. Dang #2 shot kind of screwed me :(
DSCN5792.jpg

Turns out, at 24x i just had to adjust the focus a bit for it to be perfectly clear.

I normally shoot with the scope set to the lowest power and use the power setting only to spot.

Think he might have removed the pic's as he said photobucket was trying to screw him.

Back