Mountain molds shut down.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandonj92

Reaction score
Looks like mountain mold is shutting down- sad day.

Attachments

• DD8FCC34-663C-4094-A0F3-5397F97B932A.jpeg
    DD8FCC34-663C-4094-A0F3-5397F97B932A.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 16
They were goto place for molds for a long time, unfortunately as time went by Dan took away services like making Whitworth or PP style bullets. His website stated for awhile if he even thought you were designing a muzzleloader bullet he wouldn't make it. Options of designing a bullet with pure lead and certain other alloy options were taken away, even quit offering steel molds. Still have about 4 molds he made me that perform woderfully. Probably what I will miss the most is using his design program, it would allow you see what a bullet looked like and what twist in should perform well in.

Fortunately places like Accurate molds are around and although they don't have a design program he will make you what you want providing you describe it properly.

They were goto place for molds for a long time, unfortunately as time went by Dan took away services like making Whitworth or PP style bullets. His website stated for awhile if he even thought you were designing a muzzleloader bullet he wouldn't make it. Options of designing a bullet with pure lead and certain other alloy options were taken away, even quit offering steel molds. Still have about 4 molds he made me that perform woderfully. Probably what I will miss the most is using his design program, it would allow you see what a bullet looked like and what twist in should perform well in.

Fortunately places like Accurate molds are around and although they don't have a design program he will make you what you want providing you describe it properly.

I don’t own a Mountain Mold. I know he is Located here in Cottonwood Idaho, or was?

I remember reading that same thing on his Site about Muzzleloader Bullet Molds, I never understood that? I emailed him 1 time about Cutting me a Mold, I wanted an Exact Copy of Bullshop Dan’s 460, Mountain Molds is who Made Bullshop’s 460 Mold. His response back was that his program was Different, and that he didn’t make Blackpowder Bullet Molds anymore. That was the 1st, and last Conversation i had with Mountain Molds

I don’t own a Mountain Mold. I know he is Located here in Cottonwood Idaho, or was?

I remember reading that same thing on his Site about Muzzleloader Bullet Molds, I never understood that? I emailed him 1 time about Cutting me a Mold, I wanted an Exact Copy of Bullshop Dan’s 460, Mountain Molds is who Made Bullshop’s 460 Mold. His response back was that his program was Different, and that he didn’t make Blackpowder Bullet Molds anymore. That was the 1st, and last Conversation i had with Mountain Molds

That so weird my last mold, I just bought from him which is a brass mold 535 grain bullet and he made it specifically knowing I was going to use it for muzzys.
the last mold before this, I bought from him he was still doing steel molds.
I plan on asking accurate mold to make a steel version of this mold since I still have the drawing and spec. (If it shoots good)

Last edited:
He made me 40 caliber whitworth style and a 40 caliber PP style but that was probably 15 years ago.

If it is the mold I’m thinking about it is Super91 Bob Bowers NEW bullet. He gave me the exact dimensions years ago but I didn’t keep them. Maybe someone has them and of the 495 also. Wish Accurate Molds made those two exactly like they were.

If it is the mold I’m thinking about it is Super91 Bob Bowers NEW bullet. He gave me the exact dimensions years ago but I didn’t keep them. Maybe someone has them and of the 495 also. Wish Accurate Molds made those two exactly like they were.

These are Original Bullshop 460s, I sent one of these to Accurate Molds and had it Duplicated
HBNjzCI.jpg

My Bullshop “Clone” Shoots good, I Don’t have the Original Mold anymore, I ended up having some changes made to the original bullet to better Suit me
mGVcoXC.jpg

Back