Muzzle Brake

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'd stay clear of the CVA brake.

Arrowhead radial or LR Customs tactical. I shoot the tactical from LR Customs and wouldn't have it any other way.

I know the optima v2 doesn't have a threaded barrel. Would probably be easier to upgrade to the Accura line which has a threaded barrel.

Not sure about a brake on a ML but I hate them on centerfire rifles. I bought a rifle in 338 mag years ago and shot it at the range with ear protection no problem. Then I took it hunting and did a quick sight in session of two shots without the ears and the sound was like a sharp spike hitting my ear drums. I unscrewed it. Whenever I’m at the range and see a brake I moved away if I can and never remove protection. I can’t handle the high pitched sound waves they make.

I saw a demo with a glass of water about three feet to the side of two 300 mag rifles. One with a brake the other without. The brake made the water ripple the other didn’t. What does it mean ? It means serious high intensity sound and pressure waves
Rick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back