My 2 Remington 700ml's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peytoncreekhunter

Reaction score
Checked the zero on my 700ml's today. Fired 2 shots with my stainless and it shot 2 inches left, so 16 clicks right (zeroing at 50 yrds) and I'm at the bullseye. Fired 2 shots with my blued one and I'm at the bullseye, no adjustment needed.

That's all I shot because I'm running low on my 44 caliber 300 grn Hornady XTP's. They seem to be out of stock everywhere I've looked. The 45 caliber XTP's are available, guess I may start shooting them.

IMG_20220924_110814.jpg

Peyton C H, They are capable of much better accuracy. I don’t have any experience with those using #11 caps or such though.
I change mine to a Badger Ridge or ASG type bolt head and breech plug. Use a 209 primer. Makes a world of difference.
But you may be in the area where only percussion caps can be used. I dunno.

I still use #11 in my 700ML with the weather shield. I load 100 grains FFFG Black Powder and shoot 340 grain 45 cal Dead Center sabots in my 50 cal. I have killed deer and shot a buck through the heart at 100 yards this year. It takes some clean up but I wouldn't change a thing.

Back