My 50 cal "Pedersoli Penn rifle" and some gear

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ART

Reaction score
My 50 cal "Pedersoli Penn rifle" and some gear

Starting from scratch w/ rifle and accumulating--horn possibles bag etc, in the process of sewing indian legging and period shirt, have made knife, sheath and belt--will dress and use this rifle for deer hunting--got a lot of work to do on sighting in-'napped down the 3/4" French amber flint so that I had a slight gap between closed frizzen and flint @ half cock-thr saga continues.

50_cal_penn_flintlock_rifle.jpg

Re: My 50 cal "Pedersoli Penn rifle" and some gear

Nice work indeed. Welcome and want to hear more from you. :D

Art it takes a long time to get your persona the way you want it to look to others and please yourself. You have a good start from your picture, keep building with research. The reason research is mentioned you'll find some of your craft work or purchases may be to late then you'll change. I have had some of the neatest best garage sales of incorrect items for my persona at the time. Yes as you attend different events your tastes will change in time and now your rebuilding with the new period you just found or liked.

Art in the last 50 years you would not believe how many sets of clothing and equipage I have changed from one period to the other. My wife finally put her foot down, "enough is enough" ??? "you get your stuff together with one idea and that it no more than one - not a half dozen".
Now I with a lead rope attached and am restricted to having one period only.......  :( :Scucks:

If you have the time October 20 - 22 come to Thundercreek Longrifles in Brown County. Period dress is required but it sounds like you have that covered. They will be shooting Friday so I will be there as early as possible Thursday. It is the 45th Fall Rendezvous and there are matches for rifle, smooth bore, pistol, and hawk. Always a great shoot.

Thanks Randy--I am planning on being there, don't know address, tried to find on internet, no joy--I have many questions on gear and clothing--would you be so kind as to talk via telephone, if so send private message--trying to get into a persona for  the 1780-up to war of independence (as a woodsman) I think. I have reservations and tickets at Marion In 10/13-10/16/17. Art

Latest posts

Back