My first buck!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

websterz

Reaction score
Taken this morning at 10:45. Took him with a second hand cheapie (I will have a more serious ML next season) at 75 yards. 100 grains of loose FFG behind a 200 grain Dead Center .40 sabot. Not impressed with the bullet, had to make a follow-up shot. Only slivers of lead and half the polymer tip were recovered.

He weighed in at 170 dressed and sports a 4x6 rack. We thought he was a 9 but while butchering we found a 1 inch sticker on the left hiding by his ear. You can see it in the second pic, not sure how I missed it. Not bad for the last day of the season!

firstbuck.jpg

firstbuck2.jpg

Great deer congrats . A gun that I gave to a friend at work last year has taken 2 deer for 2 people and got one to buy one for himself , good to see that you had the same luck with the one that you got .
Charlie

congrats, be proud of that buck! the blood on the stock of the ml is a nice touch!

03mossy said:
congrats, be proud of that buck! the blood on the stock of the ml is a nice touch!

I was going to touch up my homespun camo job but I think I will leave it just the way it is. :D

You shot your deer with a "second hand cheapy"!! Why wait till next year for your new rifle, go Christmas shopping early.

Nice Buck

Chocdog

stiffwindpsr said:
Congrats on a really good buck.Cool paintjob on the smokepole!Gonna get him mounted?

Thanks, I used the 4 color kit from Cabelas and leaves from my own backyard. It was a fun project! A taxidermied mount is out of my budget so I am doing a European mount. We are just about ready to start the bleaching. I will post pics when it's done.

Back