My Hunting Future

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I think i'll make it my permanent hunting area. I'm going to scout it a lot more. There's a lot left to explore. I'll use this year to scout it good during rifle seasons to check out the animals I see, and how many hunters will be there. Plus, so idea of how the weather will be.

Then next year when I hunt it I won't have to stink it up with my scent before the hunt.

You guys are making me feel bad.  I'm due for double knee replacement and have a herniated disc in my back.  Ya think they have any old folks homes for hunters only.  Early mornings out in the very cold high mountains doesn't sound as appealing as it used to.  Evening fly fishing is my speed now with some easy hunting in between.  Like a friend of mine once said, "Now I would rather talk about it than do it". :D :D

I cracked a vertebrae 1 1/2 weeks ago. Today I went for a long hike up the mountain. I can hardly move now, but it still feels good to get out again. I can only rest up for so long, and then I have to get back in the mountains.

nice nice area. i hunt where i live in CT and a week in maine. so many deer here now, you can hunt easy and still harvest enough to eat for the year. then again, it's just my wife an i so it only takes 2 small deer. good luck to you

Bobby if 2 deer is enough for the year you don't eat a lot of meat , I normally shoot 2 animals just for biltong(jerky)

Pete we thrive on meat this side of the pond , I normally shoot about 6 animals for the pot every year.

Our big game in Colorado are deer and elk. Bear taste like crap, so I don't include it. Moose is a once in a lifetime tag here. I never even tried for one.

So, it's deer and elk. We're lucky to get both of those tags. Jon didn't get either tag this year, and isn't hunting.

When we get a tag, and are then lucky enough to kill one. We make the meat last. I've been out of meat for 1 1/2 years, and still can't hunt for another year.

This is what happens when you live in a state that has too many damn hunters!

Luckily we have quite a selection of big animals to shoot , but it takes a lot of saving to be able to hunt my quota for the year.

My wife and I eat about 4 deer a year. Last year I killed 5 so I gave the extra one to my kids to split. I also usually kill one or two hogs but have that made into sausage.
No elk or moose in Florida but, if you want, you can buy a gator permit and kill 2 of them. Gator tastes like tough frog legs. I'd rather eat the frogs.

Guys here will eat crocodile tail , what parts of the gator do yall eat that side Pato ?

The best parts are the cheeks and the tail. The darker meat is eaten by some but not me.
Since "Swamp People" became a big hit, everyone wants to go gator hunting and kill 13 foot 900 lb. gators like Troy. :roll: :geek:  There's never been a 900 pound gator killed in Florida .. or anywhere else I imagine. It's like the "monster" fish story. I think the heaviest was a bit under 800 lbs.
They did have a pretty big crocodile caught in the Tampa area about 2 months ago. It somehow swam up from south of Miami in just a couple of months. The crocs get bigger than the gators but they are totally protected.

Latest posts

Back