My wife's first bear hunt.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobcat_trapper

Reaction score
Took my wife on opening day bear season. The first bear came in was young. 2nd bear was a toad for Arkansas. A big boar bear.She bought me a new Wicked Ridge Raider 400 decock crossbow. I had it sighted in. With Tenpoint Center Punch 20 inch arrow. And a Tooth Of The Arrow broadhead 100 gr vent xl fixed blade. It has a overall cut of 4 inches. It came in turn broad sided . She shot it at 23 yds. We was setting on the ground. Arrow blew thru the bear. Into a 55 gallon metal drum. The bear went less than 60 yds. Almost straight down hill. She was so excited!!! The blood trail was unreal. She had it killed by 7:15 am.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024_192954_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024_192954_Photos.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 5
Took my wife on opening day bear season. The first bear came in was young. 2nd bear was a toad for Arkansas. A big boar bear.She bought me a new Wicked Ridge Raider 400 decock crossbow. I had it sighted in. With Tenpoint Center Punch 20 inch arrow. And a Tooth Of The Arrow broadhead 100 gr vent xl fixed blade. It has a overall cut of 4 inches. It came in turn broad sided . She shot it at 23 yds. We was setting on the ground. Arrow blew thru the bear. Into a 55 gallon metal drum. The bear went less than 60 yds. Almost straight down hill. She was so excited!!! The blood trail was unreal. She had it killed by 7:15 am.

Congratulations. I’ve been shooting the tooth of the arrow broadheads in 100 grain also. I’m very impressed with them out of my compound bow.

Congrats to the young lady! Lots of lard on that one....great for donut making. Dandy sized bear for #1.

Latest posts

Back