Natchez has the Nikon Omega 1.65-5x36 Nikoplex scope on sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered one with the Nikoplex reticle because, after reading more I figured the BDC will be pretty much useless with the Savage using smokeless powder so, I decided on trying one of these out.

Henry

Next thing to work on is a strong 2 piece mount Ken Farrel has some. but I am open for other brands. I want the material to be steel.

Reason going for a 2 piece is it will allow easier access to INSERT IGNORE primers.

And the breach plug will be easier to check.

Henry

Good luck getting it to fit a Savage short action with 2 piece bases. I would be very interested in the rings if they fit.

Farrel makes a one piece especially for the MLII. It has a little more room than the standard round top one piece base but it appears to be taller too. DNZ also might have something that would work.

I recieved the Nikon Omega 1.65-5x36 Nikoplex scope today.

Here is what I think.
The build quality seems good. Optics are clear and sharp. Eye relief is to much for my taste. I understand what GM54-120 commented about. I feel it is a good scope for other muzzleloaders but it will take a one piece mount to work on the Savage ML-II. The scope does not have much room near the turrets so adjustment will be limited.

It will be sending it back and decide on a Leupold VX-2 1-4x20 or the Nikon Monarch 1-4x20 . The nikon already has the German #4 Reticle and the price is $279.95. The Leupold will be much more when fitted with the #4 Reticle so I might try the Nikon.

Back