Nearly New Remington 700ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
I picked this up real cheap. I had one a long time ago and I missed it. I wish I could find the bolt disassembly tool. I may order the Cabela's 209 conversion kit so I can use BH 209. I'm still thinking about that since Blackhorn 209 cost $35.00 for a small container here in FL. The scope is a Nikon 2-7X32 in Weaver Quad-Locs.

100_0454.jpg

100_0455.jpg

:D nice rem. got one just like it in 54cal :D :D going to shot it this week .. on vac been trying to kill a deer with a bow :lol: :lol: thanks WORM :shock: WORM

Very nice! I have one and like it a lot, but I have been thinking about getting another one. On Doug's board, one of the guys had his custom built , modified breechplug and bolt. I am planning this type of conversion to mine this winter.

If I even run my cursor over that link to try and copy it, it locks my computer up.

Swampman

I am really partial to the good ole Rem 700 ML and that one is certainly an excellent looking specimen...

No doubt a GREAT looking muzzleloader!

Sabotloader....you try any BH209 in yours?

Great looking rifle there. I have one just like it in .54. It shoots great with 300 gr. 451 saboted bullets. I have the 209 conversion kit, and have only shot Triple7 in it.

One tip: I've started using teflon tape on the threads of the breech plug, and it has cut down a lot on the blowback.

Anyone ever tried patched round balls in one of these for plinking?

nearly new Remington M700

I have not shot this rifle but my friend Bob has one. He wanted to shoot BH209 so he used the Rem. conversion kit & had all hangfires. He then bought the Cabla's conversion kit and it has worked GREAT. Using BH209 and mostly Rem. muzzleloader 209 primers & SOME W209's he started shooting 1-1/2" to 2" groups @ 100 yards almost immediately. H e shot the Hornady FPB .350 gr.over 100 grs of BH209, ; the Hornady 250 gr. SST/the supplied lo drag red sabot over 90 grs. & a 245 gr.(?) AT powerbelt over 90 grs. BH209. He was thrilled & I was envious, don't ya know???
He hasn't made a scope adjustment yet, but when he does he will move it right about one(1) " and be in the Bull center!!!!!
Art

Latest posts

Back