Nebraska Antelope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panhandle

Reaction score
Here's a real nice Western Nebraska Antelope that was taken by my good friend Wayne [Wayles on the board]. Ole Wayne is a hard man to please when it comes to picking his goats. He held out almost to the end and it paid off......200gn SST / 120gns Blackhorn / Blue Harvester Sabot / 165yds DRT / 15 5/8". I can see why he passed on a couple 12" I put him on a couple days earlier. :lol: :lol:
Zen
IMG_0001_4.jpg

IMG_0005_2.jpg

antelope

Zen thanks for posting pics for me. Still tryin to learn how to do that. I do have a digital camera now so it should be easier. .........By the way Men Panhandle's Western NE guide service is worth every dime I paid for it. Good conversation. New beautiful country I was not familiar with. Several nice animals seen. We didn't get to see the elk herd but lots of speed goats and a few deer. It was a good afternoon.
Wayles

antelope

Thanks Cayuga and Buck Doe Hunter. It was a very enjoyable hunt. I hunted this guy several days waiting to catch him in the right spot for a stalk or bushwack
Wayles

Wayne!!! How do ya do it, man!

Whitetails, Goats.....ya gotta love those bullets!

Congrats on a great MaGoat! I love the kissing tips.

Ne Antelope

Hi Jim
You make a decision on which Magilla yet? They were all nice.
It was a good hunt , the kind you remember. Had hunted this buck for a week and a half on and off as well as two other shooters. Saw lots of dinks as well. I had to catch him on ground that I had permission to hunt on. Had him at long range another day but range finder didn't like the light or something and would not read so I could not take the shot. Went looking for him. Drove down a road and found him on the wrong side of the road but wanting to cross. Drove around the section line and onto the ground I could hunt. Hid the truck below a hill and in some trees and took off running to where I thought he wanted to go to. Went about 400 yds to a growed up fence corner and started to catching my breath. I guess I just beat him there because he showed up in about 5 min. heading for a bunch of antelope about 500 yds from me. I saw him come over a small rise about 140 yds trotting quarting away. I poked the Knight thru the fence resting it on a corner cross brace and shot him quarting away at 160 yds. I ranged him after he was on the ground . Did not have time to before the shot. Bullet ranged forward and ruined the lungs. Good clean kill, kind of a messy field dressing job with the quartering away angle. Bullet worked and did a good job but the entry hole was way larger than I would have expected. Must have opened on impact but still had enough stuff to tear up the lights. Sevear angle probably accounts for the premature opening.
Have you had an opportuity to loose an arrow yet. Lookin forward to Magilla pics. Good huntin
Wayne

Latest posts

Back