New Analog Calipers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank in Fairfield

Reaction score
I used to reload quite a bit. Mostly RCBS stuff. Sold all my gear including the green plastic calipers. I need to measure some bullets and pellets so I had to buy another set. Bought a set from HD…China and very poor quality. I went to SW and found LYMAN calipers in analog and digital. Didn’t care for the digital. Made in China, too. The analog are great and made in the good ol’ USA…Stainless steel and very accurate..Nice hard plastic case for storage..

I purchased a couple of digitals from Harbor Freight. Total junk. I would get a different reading every time I measured the same bullet. I bought an analog Brown & Sharpe caliper and they are perfect.

Acronyms might be Ok for those in the know, but for many like myself are confused and valuable information is not effectively communicated. i try to communicate as clearly as I can for the benefit of the receiver. Information not clearly conveyed is information lost . this is just In My Opinion. IMO
Thank-you

Storm by Central is another digital caliper to avoid. Central makes ok analog but they have a "value line". It's crap. Bought one from snapon while waiting for a new mitutoyo to come in. Had it replaced twice in the first week.

Back