New Circa War of Indepence era Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
I held off any firearm purchases until after my various surgeries. The time had come and I found just the pistol I had been looking for.

.45 cal. flintlock pistol with 10 inch barrel and a Siler brass lock, brass fittings and side plate. Pre-1780 design. The stock is finished with Tung Oil to keep its shine even after long periods of display and handling. The pistol weighs only 2.4 pounds.
Ron

nsc9Ay.jpg

p8L2dN.jpg

y5rRai.jpg

:affraid: Wow...what a beautiful piece......wood is amazing. I like the brass lock plate and all the engraving............good on ya Don! Nice "get well soon" gift for yourself.

Doug

It did make me feel better! :ttups: 

The post-surgery pamphlet said to do things that you enjoy. It takes the mind off the annoying aspects of the post surgery experience, like pain. I can tell you now that they were correct.

The fellow who sold it to me cleaned the exterior up very nicely, but the insides of the lock were very cruddy. I spent the last hour cleaning the inside. That is about the most energy expenditure I have exerted for months! And it felt great.

The only drawback: my fun funds are all used up. My next step is to sit at the Interstate 70 ramp with a sign that says "Will play the banjo for $10. Will stop playing the banjo for $20."

A note on shipping: USPS not only delivered the box, packing and pistol, but they also gave me a 1.5 inch hole all the way through the box. Fortunately, whatever made the big hole did not touch the pistol.
Ron

Ron,

Nice looking pistola :!: :!: :!: :!:  That wood is awesome. Good luck with it........ :Red tup:

Ray............

I like that brass lock plate. The wood is nice too but maybe a bit gaudy for my taste.
Hurry up and have your litter bearers carry you to the back yard to shoot it. Gotta shoot it, just gotta! :bounce:

patocazador said:
I like that brass lock plate. The wood is nice too but maybe a bit gaudy for my taste.
Hurry up and have your litter bearers carry you to the back yard to shoot it. Gotta shoot it, just gotta! :bounce:
I wanted the one with Rhinestones, but it was out of my price range. :D

A multitude of marvelous maidens will carry my litter to the range so I can try it out.
Ron

RonC said:
patocazador said:
I wanted the one with Rhinestones, but it was out of my price range. :D

A multitude of marvelous maidens will carry my litter to the range so I can try it out.
Ron
HA HAH! Liberace does BP! Rhinestones and feathers!

I don't insist on virgins when they carry me. Steroids, maybe. 
I ain't petite! Wait for virgins and you will have no one 
trying to carry you. LOL

Back