.. NEW FLINTLOCK BUT CAN'T FIND ANY........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:(
I contacted my friend Carlos, Bass Pro and Cabela's and no has any BLACK POWDER :!: :!: :!: Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can get a few pounds :?: :?: I've got this new gun but now I can't shoot it..... this really sucks :!: :!: :!: :evil: :twisted:

Ray............... :huh?:

I buy mine online from Graf's. I shoot the Graf's brand of Powder. its a good powder and a little cheaper then Goex. But if you want the best powder, then get Swiss. It is the top of the line powder. And since you have to pay a hazmat fee no matter how many pounds you order, then get a can of 4f. Also some 2f and 3f . Remember this shoots out of any muzzleloader. And you might find, while BlackHorn is really clean, Black Powder is really fun!!

^^X2 on Graffs,^^ and graffs powder is as good as any. you have to pay the $27.50 hazmat, but it covers (I think) up to 25 lbs of whatever you want. Once you get a few pounds of powder and (for me at least) a few thousand primers, your good for a while. I even shoot Grafs black now out of my mountaineer and triumph. Im used to swabbing between loads anyway, it heats up the barrel a lot less than blackhorn, so a bit less waiting or cooldown time between shots on range day, and it is as accurate, if not more so, than any other powder anyway. And really, you have to clean after no matter what, so 6 of one, half dozen of the other anyway...

Unless things have changed, Walmart will carry Pyrodex R/S. . . For about 16 dollars a pound last time I purchased it there.

:D

Thanks gents for the replies. I just might try the Graf's powder.

Ray......... :wink:

Latest posts

Back