New guy from VA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmclowrider

Reaction score
I just traded a shotgun for a remington 700 ML. This is my first muzzle loader and I'm hoping it shoots as good as it looks. And I hope to have some luck with it in the woods. I look to forward to talking to people here and learning a lot.

Welcome to the forum! You will find a wealth of information and many individuals that will help you with getting up and running with your new muzzleloader.

usmclowrider said:
I just traded a shotgun for a remington 700 ML. This is my first muzzle loader and I'm hoping it shoots as good as it looks. And I hope to have some luck with it in the woods. I look to forward to talking to people here and learning a lot.

The 700 is an excellent ML you will be hard pressed to find something it will not shoot well.

sabotloader said:
usmclowrider said:

The 700 is an excellent ML you will be hard pressed to find something it will not shoot well.

Well thats good to hear. I had a 700 in 30-06 that shot pretty well so I figured it should do well in blackpowder too.

Welcome.

The best thing about a 700ML is all the aftermarket support and that some 700 centerfire parts will fit on the 700ML. No other platform has as many stock, rings/bases, barrel or trigger options. There are even a few companies that make 45cal ML barrels for them.

I would like a lighter trigger for it. I know where to find those at, but could someone point in the direction of a good 209 conversion? I have been looking but can't find one.

lwh723 can get you whatever you want for the 700ML or know who does have it.

PM me if he doesnt respond to a PM and i will give you his info.

usmclowrider said:
I would like a lighter trigger for it.

Tune the factory trigger in it. It's done the same way as a 700 CF trigger.

usmclowrider said:
but could someone point in the direction of a good 209 conversion? I have been looking but can't find one.

PM derfhunter on here for a 209 conversion.

Back