New Home Defense Toy ....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
SUBJECT: New Home Defense Toy ....

Since having lost (5) handguns in our last move (still waiting to see how this works out between the moving company, insurance etc.) My old friend Doc White called and asked if I could use some home protection, he was coming my way and had an extra toy.

Decided I would show you guys my new door greeter.

img3.jpg

Home Defense – An old friend Doc White (same guy of GRRW fame) asked if I needed a 12 gauge Remington 870 Police Special, 20 inch barrel with cylinder bore choke. Butler Creek pistol grip folding stock, extra thick recoil pad to make a LOP 14 inches. Pristine bore with extra Colonial brand screw-in chokes. Trinity railed scope mount with Millet Red Dot Scope. Parkerized with a few handling marks that aren’t noticeable. After losing several handguns this was just what the Doctor ordered.
img2.jpg

New Home Defense Gun – now working on patterns with different choke tubes and 00 Buckshot at 25 to 30 feet (8.3 yards to 10 yards). According to the NRA this distance is reasonable by law when if running isn’t an option to avoid a fight.       Old “Stand Your Ground” theory I am thinking.

That’ll do it Buck :Red tup: The Racking of a Pump action is a “Mind Changer” :D 

I was reading through an OLD Thread way back on the CB Forum, Somebody asked “What do you use for Home Defense?” Or something along Those lines? Most everyone in the Thread answered with some form of High powered Semi auto of Sorts, Shotguns, AR’s etc. (Typical Stuff) Then up came bubba.50, He said a TC Renegade, With a well Lubed Maxi Ball. I was holding my Side Laughing :lol!:  The Funniest part was, I believe he was Dead Serious :rolling on flo

A hundred pound pitbull works for me. A very friendly dog unless he senses i'm in danger.

My wife has Laser on her Pistol saying all have to do most the time is just put that Laser on the bad and they will back off. I told her BS .

She has a good pistol but I like mine better because when empty mine the slide locks back just put another Mag in and go.

I can put all rounds in a 6 inch circle at 15 yards. What is funny she is my Boss but if we go check a place out she sends me in and she stays outside. I don’t think she can put someone down if needed.

oneshot

My wife and myself both carry Kimbers, her's is a .380 compact and mind is a 1911 A1 Government in 9mm. My compact is a Sig 938 in 9mm, all three handguns have Crimson Track Green Dots. The .380 is a neat little gun and very accurate. Like you mention - 15 to 20 yards is a good practice distance and with in the range for "Stand your Ground".

Nothing I have is new.  100 lb german shepherd dog, ar15, RIA 1911 in 9mm.

BigAl52 said:
Did the moving company take the guns Buck?
Yes, now have the Colorado and Utah Insurance Commissions involved along with police agencies and filed with the FBI.  Called Colorado and Utah Trouble Shooters for a little TV coverage to make folks aware of this moving company.    :x

I wish you luck and I hope you get some where. On a side note I love the Sig P238 and 938 series. I carry a 938 with the hogue grip on it every day. Im looking at getting another 238 soon.

Back