New member from WI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIAndy

Reaction score
Hello all. Finally decided to join up after lurking here for a couple of years now. I would like to thank this forum for helping me learn about muzzleloading. Bought a CVA Wolf
back in the winter of 2021 after reading around for awhile on this forum. Don't get out shooting as much as I would like at the moment, but after figuring out my factory scope mount was loose, (a common theme on brand new CVAs I see) I was finally able to shoot this outstanding group the other day at 50 yards with the No Excuses 420 grain conical.

20221211_160045.jpg

Load was 70 grains volume of pyrodex rs with an Ox Yoke .54 cal
wool wad behind the NE 420. I swabbed the barrel between every shot. Gun is topped with a 2x7x32 Nikon prostaff. Next I will try 100 yards before I try bumping the powder charge up to 80 grains. Can't wait to shoot this gun again! Think I found my new favorite hobby.

Welcome from Oklahoma.
I recently bought a new CVA Wolf. I've only shot it once so far. Still working to get it sighted in at 25 yards. One more range session and it should be dialed like yours.

Welcome from Oklahoma.
I recently bought a new CVA Wolf. I've only shot it once so far. Still working to get it sighted in at 25 yards. One more range session and it should be dialed like yours.

Thank you deermanok. What bullet are shooting out of your Wolf?

Thank you deermanok. What bullet are shooting out of your Wolf?
I tried some old Buffalo Bullet Company Ball-ettes, 240 grains that I got from a member here.
They shot pretty good but once their gone, I'll probably switch to something else.
My CVA Optima V2 rifle seems to to best with the Hornady XTP 240 grains, so I will try them in the Wolf.

I tried some old Buffalo Bullet Company Ball-ettes, 240 grains that I got from a member here.
They shot pretty good but once their gone, I'll probably switch to something else.
My CVA Optima V2 rifle seems to to best with the Hornady XTP 240 grains, so I will try them in the Wolf.

Those ball-ettes are a pretty cool round. The XTPs seem to shoot
well out of a lot of different guns
so maybe your Wolf will like them.

:welcome: from Michigan. Very nice group. 70 grains with a 420 no excuses will probably kill anything on the planet. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

wecome, what part of wisconsin are you in . im in northern wi

I'm located in the west central part
of the state in the small town of Stanley. It's just 30 miles east of
the Eauclaire, WI area. Don't know if you have been down that way or not.

we are practically neighbors im up in ladysmith

Wow, pretty much. Lol. It's been a while, but I'm sure I've gone past that area a few times before. How's the hunting up there? Good amount of woodland?

up in the county forests its been pretty slow but just south of us is alot of farm land lots of deer there. they are logging around our hunting shack this year so that will help for awhile

Back