New member here

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampcroc

Reaction score
Good Morning All,
Recently inherited a .50 Cal Hawken BP rifle. Looking forward to learning the fine art of black powder shooting as my late father, from whom I receive this fine piece, enjoyed it greatly. Got a LOT to learn now. Pretty well versed in cartridge ammo as I load my own there but will need some sound advice on the basics for my new addition to the shooting collection. Looking forward to getting to know the forum! Thanks for including me in! 8)

Welcome swampcroc, its good to have you. Take a look in the "new to muzzleloading" section. There is a couple posts on top that are a great read for anybody starting out, or even for a refresher.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!

I certainly will. This weapon has been idle for some time with a cleaning rod and patch standing in the bore. Needless to say I think a thorough cleaning and inspection is in order before anything else. After that I'll work my way up to sending lead down range. I have no doubts about the integrity of the gun or its works, its a modern piece (CVA I believe). Just wish I'd had time to discuss it with my old man before he passed. Anyway - one step at a time :yeah:

Welcome to the forum and I am sure you will be hooked in no time once you start shooting the rifle.

Much thanks for all the well wishes. Can't wait to start "clearing brush via fire and smoke" down range :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back