New mold this morning!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saxtonyoung said:
Lewis,

Is your new bullet the 46-380M ? It sure looks like what you described and would most likely be in the 400 grain range if using lead softer than wheel weights.

I just went and looked, Yep that is definitely my bullet!! This should make a REALLY good HUNTING bullet for our fast twist .45 Cals, If a guy prefers them to load easier just have each band size dropped a couple thou. Like i said my goal here was a GOOD TIGHT fitting bullet, i wanna have to steadily push this bullet all the way to the powder like the Bullshop in my .50 Cal, without feeling it give up like the Maxi's. The Key here is obviously gonna be soft lead. These measurements are dead on with the Bullshop .50 Cal, and in my opinion for HUNTING they don't get any better than that bullet!

Bullet looks great to me. For my 451 White's I would have each band set for either .452 or .453. This way there is little sizing of the bullets when I put them through my sizing dies and this way they still engrave the rifling ever so slightly that they won't move off the charge and still would be a slip fit conical.

I can't wait to see how they look and perform. Keep us posted.

Here it is, Kinda neat to compare the differences in the Original #45-360M and the one i am having done from it which is #46-380M, This bullet will get somewhere in the 390s with Pure Lead

Original

And after my changes

Saxtonyoung said:
I like this design especially the wider metplat.

In my humble opinion a nice wide Meplat is hard to beat in a Big Game bullet in these Muzzleloaders Traveling 1200-1500 FPS, they hit like a Sledge Hammer! I am looking forward to getting this Mold and trying these bullets out, it would really shock me if they dont shoot good, Like I've said So far my 45 has shot everything well from 240 Grain Maxi balls to a 450 Grain BACO PP bullet that Idahoron left here for me to try. There is nothing finicky about this .45 Cal

I just received an Email from Tom at Accurate molds, I asked what he figured this bullet will weigh with pure lead? He figured right around 390 Grains, and said I'll know for sure in the next couple of days when i get the Mold, This guy sure does fast work!!

Latest posts

Back