"New" old Colonial kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "New" old Colonial kit

My track order came. I got this to put on the Kentucky up top. Will give me 2 1/2" more sight radius.

rs-la_0.jpg

Will not look too modern. To long for the Colonial. It would cover the rear bolt.

Made smoke today. All good.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/882/1

Saw this chain and cap to cover the nipple on a Whitworth. Looked at Track but could not find it. What  is it's proper name and who would have them?  Thanks.

Looks like a good addition to a field gun. Positive safety and water proof.

2438190_03_parker_hale_451_reproduction_w_640.jpg

Old and grumpy said:
My track order came. I got this to put on the Kentucky up top. Will give me 2 1/2" more sight radius.

rs-la_0.jpg

Will not look too modern. To long for the Colonial. It would cover the rear bolt.

Made smoke today. All good.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/882/1
Still rough needs to be finished.
Attached Thumbnails
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thing came very rough cast. Still had the mold marks and sprue stub. Was a lot of filling and sanding with 600 wet/dry. Got the blade cut down and the slot shaped. Used the laser to line it up and set the sight with a small drop lock tight.

Will leave it raw for now. Sort of like the look. A lighter stock and bright barrel. I'm not trying to hide in the woods. Now back to the range.

The Colonial is coming along. Too many guns! I'm like a dog in a yard full of squirrels.

Please talk me out of a Juker Kentucky I saw at a very low price. I MEAN LOW.

Attached Thumbnails
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Its impossible to have to many guns . I try to keep at least 1 kit on hand to build , keep telling myself I should sell some of them but havent managed that yet.

I did not have this issue until I went black!  Kits, Orphans, The Old and Ugly.  I love one that is new out of  the box BUT  get more joy out of working up a tired old lady.

"Once you go black you never go back!". ----- What do you mean they were not talking guns?

Latest posts

Back