New Sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee 9

Reaction score
Ron Bugg Jr has informed me that they are begging production on a Crush Rib 50 cal barrel 40cal bullet sabot. There have been a number of us asking for it now its just a matter of time. Lee

Lee here is the other one I recived today also

Hello Ron,

We are planning on selling them in the 50 pack as well as a twelve pack with 200 grain bullet. I am not sure about when they will be available as we are waiting on inserts and packaging. Both packs should retail for less than 10.00.

Sorry for the delay on the reply, I was hoping to get you a better idea on availability.

Thanks for your comments,

Alan Hensley

I "bugged" Speer the other day about possibly making a 220-230 grain 10mm Gold Dot. Maybe others could give them a nudge as well. :)

lungbuster1
I did not get any info on what 200gr bullet , did you? I have not heard any more on the 40 cal 230gr they were considering either, did you? Lee

Lee

Nothing YET !

UC

I will send speer a email today that is a great Idea !
THE xtpS ARE ON THERE WAY TO YOU

rON

Got Em!

Ordered my .40cal 10mm 200gr XTPs , just ordeed my 40/50 crush ribs at$7.95 per/50 pks. I am going to use the BH209 w/ this bullet/sabot combo. In talking w/ the Harvester guys they used 2 50/grain T7 pellets shooting a 45 caliber prototype bullet. Shot great groups. When they looded 3, they couldn't keep a pattern. So I am looking for advice from the the guys that have shot BH 209, where should I start? I am shooting the Pro Hunter. Maybe 80 grains or 85 grains measured because of the charges or start at 95/100? I am looking at the instability of the bullet if I load it too hot!

My plan is to shoot at 25 yards for a group, then work upto 50,100. Does that seem feaisble or just go to 100 out of the gate.

I look for advice and looking forward to some fun playing w/ this new load, thought maybe some of your guidance would help.

"bugged" Speer the other day about possibly making a 220-230 grain 10mm Gold Dot. Maybe others could give them a nudge as well.

That would be great UC. Speer already makes a 210 grain .410 Gold Dot hunting bullet for the .41 Mag, and it is an excellent bullet. I can get it down the bore of my Renegade with the .45 GM LRH barrel with a crush rib sabot, but it is TIGHT. If they made the same bullet in .40 diameter I would be very very happy.

Re: Got Em!

Bucker said:
Ordered my .40cal 10mm 200gr XTPs , just ordeed my 40/50 crush ribs at$7.95 per/50 pks.

Where did you see the crush ribs for sale?

Semisane

What about that new 40/50cal Harvester Crush Rib... I am thinking that might allow me to load that 41/210 Gold Dot in my 50 cals... Noe of my bores are tight enough that I need the 40/50 CR's....

But that makes me think I'll bet with CR's I could load that 41 in my White with out a problem... I feel a new experiment coming on - gonna git a box of them and try them with the regular MMP blue sabot in the White - that might even be just rite...

500 on the way for us here at Heber Springs, will try to check them out when they get here, see how they do in the Triumph which is to tight for the regulsr blue 50/40. Lee

100 on the way to me as well. I will have to match it up with my Omega and my fathers Encore. Really want to get the best groups with the 200 gr shockwave and XTP's. Already at 1.5" groups or so with the MMP sabots, but some fliers with less than 90 gr of t7 and the XTP's, which I attribute to the petals not opening as well on the mmp's on the lower powder charges. I am finding the sabots 50-60 yards downrange and except for the residue on the bottom and rifling marks, look like I just took them out of the bag.

Latest posts

Back