New Scope on the Marlin SBL 45-70

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put a new Nikon XR muzzleloader scope on my 1895 SBL Remlin. I like the 5 inches of eye relief and these scopes have always performed well for me.
y4O6Byy.jpg

100 yards, 3 shots of Hornady 325gr FTX factory ammo, this rifle continues to impress me!
9O90Npt.jpg

Adjusted the scope and shot one more. Ready for Iowa deer season :D
Ra1MQay.jpg

Man that is a good looking gun! And a shooter too.

I just ordered the same scope. Hope I can shoot as well as you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put a 1.5-5 leupy on my guide gun with leupold qrw rings. They put it right back to zero so i can shoot irons if i want to

I thought about using QR rings with this setup but went with standard steel rings instead. I’ve never used iron sights for deer hunting here in Iowa, some of our shots can be long range. Most of the reports for quality QR are positive and I won’t hesitate to use a set of Warne steel QR rings.

ive got warne QR rings on my ruger no 1 375 h&h and the leopold QRW on my marlin. They work perfectly. I also have talleys on my model 70 375 but I haven't tested the return to zero on them yet. Id put 100% faith in the warne base and QRW rings. I like the ability to have irons as backup or thick brush. Been looking at doing this option on an mk85 but also looking hard at a Williams peep like yours lewis. Something about hunting with irons appeals to me.

thought with irons and no11 cap I can use it anywhere and less parts to keep up with

Buck, that marlin will be one of your favorites. I love mine. Its a reg 1895gs Mine loves 405 hard cast at about 1300fps. Shoots better than I can

phoenman said:
Buck, that marlin will be one of your favorites. I love mine. Its a reg 1895gs Mine loves 405 hard cast at about 1300fps. Shoots better than I can

:yeah: It's a keeper for sure! I polished all the sharp edges and need to tweak the laminate wood just a little and it will be perfect :D

Back