New Silencer co (traditions) Maxim 50, NO tax stamp required.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerlover

Reaction score
https://silencerco.com/maxim50/

has anyone seen this yet? anyone care to chime in with their thoughts?

says you cant use sabots... but those federal bullets and a few others.. $999 shipped to your door. pretty neat. would be nice for shooting in the neighborhood LOL j/k kinda

midway has mountaineers on sale for like $680 right now tempted to get me a 45 bare primer..

deerlover said:

says you cant use sabots... but those federal bullets and a few others.. $999 shipped to your door. pretty neat. would be nice for shooting in the neighborhood LOL j/k kinda

midway has mountaineers on sale for like $680 right now tempted to get me a 45 bare primer..

You would be crazy to buy an upper end Knight when you could buy one of those.

well yea I would be.. i already have several other knights including an ultralight, haha yea i think i want one. maybe i could work up a sabot less load or something

I would love to hear how to clean the fouling out of a non removable silencer. They also list 100gr MAX with BH209.

WV Hunter said:
deerlover said:

???? You got that backwards. Don't you

1874sharpsshooter said:
WV Hunter said:
deerlover said:

Haha 100% sarcasm. :mrgreen:
I honestly wouldn't pay $100 for one of them things. :puke:

Just send it and get a maxim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WV Hunter said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
WV Hunter said:

Haha 100% sarcasm. :mrgreen:
I honestly wouldn't pay $100 for one of them things. :puke:
Oh good ! I thought you had lost it for a minute :shock:

I got one. I have a thread on it here. It was my first ever blackpowder rifle. I am more of a black rifle guy and have several silencerco suppressors for centerfire rifles. I ordered it the day it was announced and before that I was set on getting a TC pro hunter but went with the silencerco instead quite simple because I don't like shooting unsupressed rifles anymore. Long story short I had some issues to start off but it was a scope issue, swapped the scope and spent a day messing around with different loads and powder charges and now I'm ready to go hunting.
This group was just a little over 50 yards, slightly under an inch center to center. Win 209, Federal BOR Lok MZ 270 grain copper solid, 2 IMR white hots.
bwmZZ

I saw one the other day in green top sporting goods, glen allen Virginia, the moderator was huge, but it was a nice looking gun.

Watch there "how to clean video". It doesn't address cleaning the barrel or the "silencer" at all!!!

Also, it says it still has a "139" decibel sound. That is the reason it is legal without a permit. A reducer, but not really a silencer.

I think I will pass

txhunter58 said:
Watch there "how to clean video". It doesn't address cleaning the barrel or the "silencer" at all!!!

Also, it says it still has a "139" decibel sound. That is the reason it is legal without a permit. A reducer, but not really a silencer.

I think I will pass

139 decibels is hearing safe and a lot of centerfire rifle cans are in that decibel area.

It being legal has nothing to do with how it registers on a sound meter. It is legal because per the ATF a muzzleloader is an antique firearm and not subject to the same rules and regulations as a centerfire rifle and a silencer is defined as a firearm accessory, since the Maxim 50 doesn't meet the criteria for a firearm the moderator isn't considered a silencer, one other key component is that it's permanently attached and can't be used on other firearms which would make it illegal.

139 decibels is LOUD any way you slice it. Chain saw loud. The animals will still know you shot at them. I saw a guy shoot his 300 blackout with a suppressor on it and subsonic ammo and the loudest thing was his trigger.

May be safe to shoot without hearing protection, but I don't see what you gain by using this thing. Ear plugs are a lot cheaper and give me a gun with a lot more shooting options and easier to clean. And BH 209 will absolutely cause rust if you leave it in a barrel too long. I have a gun to prove it. Got careless and forgot about one for several months and now I have a barrel with rust and pits.

I dont need a supressed muzzy but im sure glad that they came out with this it sure makes facebook alot more fun. Got some traditional guys pantys all in a twist last night talking bout putting a can and scope on a match lock hahahaha!

Back