New single pin on the way

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapache1

Reaction score
Heard lots of good things about Montana Black Gold sights, so I dropped the cash on the new Ascent Ambush single pin sight that should be here within the next month or so.

I like the idea of ranging and adjusting a single pin so I should be dead-on rather than having multiple pins and trying to "shoot the gap." Mine will have a green ring with a red pin. I like contrast. :)

Man great idea. I have too much trouble with all them pins looking back at me, plus I gotta know range also, used to be fun bowhunting/shooting.. Afraid it's become too commercial. Still fun with the old recurve tho. Good shooting give a sitrep on the sight, please. ElDee

I'll have to look into that myself. That sounds like a great deal easier and the fact you wont have all those other pins in the way, that makes it feel a whole lot better.

I have the Black Gold Ascent Ambush and it is a great sight.

00610.jpg

17011.jpg

I use only one pin on my compound bow. I never liked using multiple sight pins even though they worked great on my slow compound bow (210 f.p.s.) because they were well-spaced. If you have a fast, flat shooting bow looks like this new sight could be the way to go.

Did you get a 2X or 4X lens, or no need :?:

I'm a lefty, and wondering if it's ambidextrous or they make a lefy model, and also whether or not the yardage tapes are durable and easily changed if you switch arrow weights :?:

Marty, they have them in right or left hand so that is not a problem. I only hunt with mine so I do not use a lens.

The tapes are durable and easily changed if you want to switch things up. Here is a picture of the sheets of tapes that come with it.

00210.jpg

00410.jpg

OMG ericcosh, that is a beautiful bow, puts my ole Martin to shame. May have to get in the now, get a newer bow. the shop had a hard time setting my bow up, so they made a couple perfunctory changes and sent me home. been fighting that bow every since. In my younger days I shot tournament bow in Muskegon, MI with a Bear target bow and got to be quite good, so back then you hunted with recurves. still do enjoy it. thanks for the response, ElDee

ericcosh said:
I have the Black Gold Ascent Ambush and it is a great sight.

00610.jpg

17011.jpg
how do the light system went when it turn in purple that i read on site about ascent ambush, well i have been look at it becuas i plan on get a 2014 HCA speed pro x10 bow next monday from AT forum a guy i talk to who is HCA dealer, and now want to find more about montana black/gold single pin and how will they turn bright when u are in ground blind  without the light around and how bright does pin get and the low light when u are in tree stand

JT, those sights are pretty bright in low light. The Photochromatic shell only turns purple when it gets too bright. Now for a ground blind I have no idea but these sights stay plenty bright in low light to make a shot. Also, the mount that you see is called a dovetail mount. That sight came out of the custom shop so I got it done exactly how I wanted. I no longer have the sight or that bow but they are pretty nice.

Back