New to muzzle loading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdnflooring

Reaction score
Hello my name is Josh. I just bought a Cva Accura lrx for my first muzzle loader. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Any suggestions of accessories or advice are welcome. I look forward to being involved in the community. My goals are having fun shooting and hunting with this rifle.

Hello my name is Josh. I just bought a Cva Accura lrx for my first muzzle loader. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Any suggestions of accessories or advice are welcome. I look forward to being involved in the community. My goals are having fun shooting and hunting with this rifle.
Welcome Mr Flooring ( lol )
What cal is your Accura? I have an older Accura V2 .45. I hope that you end up enjoying shooting yours as much as I do shooting mine. Its my most shot, by far, muzzleloader I have.
What bullets are you planning on using? Did you endure the brutalizing cost of getting BH 209?
Do you have a brake on it? What kind?
Do you have a scale to weigh powder charges?
Was it a "combo" with a scope already on it? If not, what optics are you putting on it?
What do you plan on hunting with it?

What cal is your Accura? I have an older Accura V2 .45. I hope that you end up enjoying shooting yours as much as I do shooting mine. Its my most shot, by far, muzzleloader I have.
What bullets are you planning on using? Did you endure the brutalizing cost of getting BH 209?
Was it a "combo" with a scope already on it? If not, what optics are you putting on it?
It’s the .50 cal , I haven’t decided on a bullet yet I bought a few to try out. The power belt I think 250 grain
its the .50 cal. I bought a few different bullets Hornady xtp 240,barns 300grain and power belt areo tip 245 grain. Yes I did find some BH209 $80 a can Holly crap. I ordered a scale should be here tomorrow. I have a vortex crossfire 2 that I pulled off of somthing else I think that should work. I do not have a break on it. I wasn’t sure that would help much since I’m not making follow up shots lol I’m hopefully going this weekend to sight it in and mess around with it.

70 grains by weight of Blackhorn a fury 250 grain star tip or the black tip version issues in every CVA 50 cal 28 Twist of tried it shoots excellent I've killed a lot of hogs and deer with that with the CVA Acura 28 twist 50 cal good luck I hope to hear more of your learning experience

Sorry for not proofreading hope it made sense I shoot that load in every Acura 28 twist I get my hands on whether I buy another one or shoot one for a friend

I'm also new to the hobby. My first MZ purchase was the CVA Accura, too, except i bought the 50 Cal MR-X last year.

You should make sure and get an extra QR BH2909 breech plug. The flash holes in those things can expand pretty quickly. I'm getting tons of blowback in mine already. I need to switch to the one for pellets until my new one arrives.

I'm also new to the hobby. My first MZ purchase was the CVA Accura, too, except i bought the 50 Cal MR-X last year.

You should make sure and get an extra QR BH2909 breech plug. The flash holes in those things can expand pretty quickly. I'm getting tons of blowback in mine already. I need to switch to the one for pellets until my new one arrives.
Good to know. Thanks

Back