New trigger spring for the UnderHammer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCS

Reaction score
IMG_0198w.jpg
This is my TEST Action for load and bullet testing.
This is a 50 cal. 1-28 stainless barrel, 28"...... .900 at the breech, tapers to about .840.
I want to try some powder painted bullets with poly wads.
The over travel screw keeps from over bending the trigger spring.
The trigger spring is made from a hacksaw blade that was annealed, shaped, then re-hardened and tempered.
I hate the bent wire that H@A uses.
I also made a spring plunger that is used on a different style.
I like musket caps!
BPS08012023_0001w.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting & i shall watch your progress i think i can learn things. Right now i have half dz. 1/4x28 nipples for mine. That said i also have couple of musket nipples, also an accura-shot adapter n a Mag-Spark adapter. For use on mine.

suggest for a .50 is use a 24 twist barrel
If I bought new ones today, I would get the 1-24.
I am just hoping that they [6 more] are better than my 1-30 twist.
Hoping they will shoot my 427 grain slug. [The Chevy] a small Big Block!

This is my small frame, made for 7/8" barrels.
I may move the stop screw an 1/8" forward on the next one.
IMG_0203w.jpg
A little polish and a dab of grease make it work very smooth.
Now to fit some wood!

I am going to break down my H&A assembly to look at what your talking about. I am a basic noob on the Under-Hammer rifles. I am trying to build one. I loved them back many years ago when Numrich Arms was making or had them made. I just never seemed to have the extra funds back then.

I build three different size actions. 7/8",1" and a 1.1/8-1.3/16"

My 7 Bore is a huge stainless beast. I made only 2.

I use H@A hammers and triggers and some of there hammer springs. Also make some of my own hammer springs, a reverse bend.

I am on my third interchangeable barrel system.

I don't sell any of my parts.

I am not a machinist nor do i have a lathe to work with. I got a .40 cal barrel but its a 13/16". So its going to look some odd with the small barrel.
I am watching your builds n enjoying them.

smokepoleall, some how I missed a 40 cal barrel in my collection. I do have some .395 balls in anticipation!

smokepoleall, some how I missed a 40 cal barrel in my collection. I do have some .395 balls in anticipation!
Them .40's are the cats meow. My small 13/16" is a 1:48, my other .40 barrel i am waiting on is 7/8" & 1:24 for slobber knocking tick toters with conicals 160-290 gr.

IMG_0449w.jpg
This is the reverse spring. Much more finger clearance.

Back