Newbie from Alberta

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roebag

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to muzzle loading but not to hunting. I bought a Lyman 209 Breakaway Magnum. I couldn't find any reviews on this gun. Does anyone here know anything good or bad about it?

Here in Alberta, we have a couple of early season muzzleloader zones to hunt in with huge deer both WT and MD

I have two boxes of Triple 7 magnum pellets and 1 box of regular Triple 7 pellets 50/50GR. For bullets I have some Nosler 260 gr hunting sabots and some TC 300 gr Shock Wave sabots. I was thinking of using the 300 gr bullets first. I was thinking of using 2 pellets of the regular 50/50gr Triple seven with this 300 gr bullet(Mostly because I don't know if the gun could do 3 pellets of the triple 7 or two of the magnum triple 7)

RobandFredatTent07.jpg

Mom and the Boys

DSC01189.jpg

Welcome roebag! I don't know anything about the Lyman. I'm sure someone who does know will chime in though. Otherwise, does it mention anything in the owners manual? If not your best bet is to play it safe until you know otherwise and use two of the regular T7 pellets. Great pics by the way.

roebag:
Welcome to MML, I'm sure there will help you I'm a newbie to ML. myself.

Latest posts

Back