NMLRA In-line Hunter match video

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Very nicely done.
Credit goes to Bob Wetzler for starting these matches in 2013. It’s good to see the best ML shooters in the county able to share what they do with others - what a 1st hand opportunity.
I know there is more opportunities and ways to learn to come from the NMLRA.

I hope this is the link..

Still no Paramount in the bunch? :p
All manufactures were notified of the matches the past few years, at the SHOT show & NRA Convention, by the NMLRA representatives.

Last edited:
Watched again and Mike B. comment “you put powder in that gun” was great because we’ve all done it!
Also, Mingo and his Flint.. shows it’s really just a difference in ignition as he hangs in there. I will have to suggest to him that he needs a vintage scope...lol
Looked like a great day..

Last edited:
Watched again and Mike B. comment “you put powder in that gun” was great because we’ve all done it!
Also, Mingo and his Flint.. shows it’s really just a difference in ignition as he hangs in there. I will have to suggest to him that he needs a vintage scope...lol
Looked like a great day..
How much fouling gets onto the scope from the ignition of the powder in the pan of the flintlock, and the subsequent whoosh out of the touch hole?

Barry Brakebill though does work for Knight and placed 2nd? Looked liked pretty much everyone was shooting some type of Rem700 or clone though. I also noticed Doug Schwartz is not listed on the score card? Hope he is ok.

Some said Doug was working food plots.

IMO, manufacturers won't take the risk. If they show up and do well, it may boost sales somewhat. If they show up and flop it would hurt sales to a greater degree. If they don't have prove anything, they can make all the claims they want. Haven't seen real Mfg vs. Mfg since White vs. Knight and that was mostly a pissin' match.

There have been plenty of wins in the last few years using Knights but havent seen hardly any other brands do squat. Lots of guys were shooting Mountaineer 45s which are similar pricing or less than the newest "super mag" offering by that "other company". :p

Maybe a production class is needed with stricter limitations on upgrades and weight to get them in the game more often. Seriously, how many of us hunt with a 14lb production rifle.

There have been plenty of wins in the last few years using Knights but havent seen hardly any other brands do squat. Lots of guys were shooting Mountaineer 45s which are similar pricing or less than the newest "super mag" offering by that "other company". :p

Maybe a production class is needed with stricter limitations on upgrades and weight to get them in the game more often. Seriously, how many of us hunt with a 14lb production rifle.
well explain the man shooting the Flintlock, whats to be afraid of, one of the top shooters Doug S. shoots a knight mountaineer

if a paramount can hit the pigs , i would believe in them doing what they say

No production class needed with shooter classifications.
Knights and any other mfg can compete with any custom in this match and WIN- that has been proven by the past matches/scores.

fishhawk2700 above is correct about risk, but Knight took the risk from the start - learned and offered new production rifles from what they learned..

Last edited:
Barry Brakebill though does work for Knight and placed 2nd? Looked liked pretty much everyone was shooting some type of Rem700 or clone though. I also noticed Doug Schwartz is not listed on the score card? Hope he is ok.
he wasn't shooting a Knight

Back