No Loyalty found anywhere anymore?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty said:
BigAl52 said:
IM on 2 others one regular and one just now and then. But I mainly stay here Buck because us young guys like hangin out with old guys cause you old guys know somethin.
I was always told :pete slap: to respect :bow: my elders.  Can't seem to get it out of my system even today! :lol:
You know Marty I was taught the same thing but the older I get the less respect I get. I sometimes feel like Im kicked to the curb and have been handed a be nice to the animals sign.

BigAl52 said:
Marty said:
BigAl52 said:
IM on 2 others one regular and one just now and then. But I mainly stay here Buck because us young guys like hangin out with old guys cause you old guys know somethin.
I was always told :pete slap: to respect :bow: my elders.  Can't seem to get it out of my system even today! :lol:
You know Marty I was taught the same thing but the older I get the less respect I get. I sometimes feel like Im kicked to the curb and have been handed a be nice to the animals sign.
Guys the older we get and the new generations that are of the mindset "Me-Me-Me' crap. We older generations are not valued for our knowledge or experiences. I'm glad I am at the age I don't have to see what our country will be like in another 20-30 years. 

You look at these young people that think everything should be free and what we have worked our whole life for should be theirs, where did their parents fail?

Buck Conner said:
BigAl52 said:
Marty said:
BigAl52 said:
Guys the older we get and the new generations that are of the mindset "Me-Me-Me' crap. We older generations are not valued for our knowledge or experiences. I'm glad I am at the age I don't have to see what our country will be like in another 20-30 years. 

You look at these young people that think everything should be free and what we have worked our whole life for should be theirs, where did their parents fail?
Excellent Post Buck!! If i could have picked a year frame to Live and Die, I would have already Been gone from this World, LONG GONE.

Im convinced the greatest generation of the USA is the generation who fought and died in WWII. They gave me what Ive had for the last 65 years. Something we will never see again. Im currently working with a kid who is the owners son and only 29 years old. But hes smarter than anyone in the company. Hes so smart he is destroying what the company has stood for, for the 33 years I have been there. His mother is in the office with him and backs him right or wrong. Shes a prime example of what happened to a parent because she cant do anything with him. She doesnt know how and is scared to put the boy in his place like he needs to be. Customers order loads and want them delivered on time not when he decides to deliver them. Not to mention not even calling a customer when he is running behind. He cares nothing about the customer and many of them are fed up with his lying.

That's the way many of the American companies have gone Al.  Customer Service is becoming a rare service anymore. Go to one of your food, hardware or big box stores, no one wants to help or wait on you, they stand around and talk to their friends (other employees) or they are on their cell phones.  Sears went through these issues and has now gone under like so many others.

My wife gets on the businesses website and complains about poor service, even gives them the employees name if known and has sent them a few pictures of how they act.  Has never heard back from anyone.

In my old company if you were an employees of a different color, or sexual favor you got treated with "kid gloves" while the rest were told to pickup the slack.  

One day I got pissed and went into my directors office and ask him if we could get an hour off and use the conference room. When asked for what; I told him we were going to start an all white male association like the other races and different groups had (gays).  I was told to drop it and go back to work. He had no guts and probably no balls is what I figured he was working with.

My first job was in a gas station when I was 14. I pumped the gas, washed the windshields and checked under the hood for every car that pulled into the pumps.

Remember those days?

pete is the one washing the windows
40605310.jpg

OldMtnMan said:
My first job was in a gas station when I was 14. I pumped the gas, washed the windshields and checked under the hood for every car that pulled into the pumps.

Remember those days?
I do remember this Pete, i was a little boy (6-8 yrs old) But i do remember it! Pretty much every Filling station you went to in the Little Hometowns, Country was like this. By the time i was 10 Years old it was a thing of the past.

Buck Conner said:
He had no guts and probably no balls is what I figured he was working with.
Right on Buck! This pretty much defines the World we live in Today

FrontierGander said:
pete is the one washing the windows
40605310.jpg
I started working at the same age (14), weekends and summer vacation for $1.00 an hour and you pay your own benefits [taxes and whatever].  Two of us, a friend who had his lic. and a '39 Buick coupe that he drove us back and forth. Oh, we opened at 6 AM and closed at 11 PM seven days a week. That's 17 hours a day X 7 days = $119.00 bucks a week.  We made as much as some of our neighbors.

We were fat cats and no time to go shopping (probably the best deal I have ever had).  Like Peter says, pump gas, check under the hood, check the tires and the best part wash the windows (the young ladies had no problem showing their wares)....  :geek:

I was 11 years old and there was a Stallion cap revolver in the local 5 & 10 Store. My parents wouldn't (couldn't) buy it for me, so I started delivering papers to save for the cap gun. It took many months and I stopped at that store every week to be sure the gun was still there .
I still have that cap gun and treasure it for the time and effort spent to buy it.
capgun10.jpg

My first substantial job was as a senior in high school. I worked at a wholesale meat company. We unloaded the refrigerated tractor-trailers of their hind quarters and fore quarters of beef, hung them on hooks and pushed them into the cooler. The job paid tuition and fees for my first year in college.
Ron

RonC said:
I was 11 years old and there was a Stallion cap revolver in the local 5 & 10 Store. My parents wouldn't (couldn't) buy it for me, so I started delivering papers to save for the cap gun. It took many months and I stopped at that store every week to be sure the gun was still there .
I still have that cap gun and treasure it for the time and effort spent to buy it.

My first substantial job was as a senior in high school. I worked at a wholesale meat company. We unloaded the refrigerated tractor-trailers of their hind quarters and fore quarters of beef, hung them on hooks and pushed them into the cooler. The job paid tuition and fees for my first year in college.
Ron

Awesome stuff RonC!! This World would be a better place if it were stil like this today!! If the kids of today had to go through the Same thing to get something they wanted.

Me too, always keep the good stuff. Have the original box and the extra leather belts to have individual single holsters. 

gene.jpg

Buck Conner said:
BigAl52 said:
Marty said:
BigAl52 said:

You are certainly not out of touch with what's going on in the younger generation world around you.  I could not have summed it up any better.

I started when I was almost 10 at a Blacksmith shop every day after school .For a couple of hours a day Learned a ton of things about metal working . Cant remember what I made but I know it wasnt much, sure gave me spending money to but 22 bullets and shotgun shells at the time thats all I needed.Then switched to mechanic and stayed with that till I retired.

Latest posts

Back