Northern Maine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernMaine

Reaction score
New to the muzzleloader life. Been lucky enough to be on some amazing hunts in northern Maine in my lifetime and now I’m looking forward to new adventures with my muzzleloader. Hoping to learn from some veterans of the sport.

Glad to have you here. I am a novice myself. Everyone has been helpful.

Welcome from Oklahoma.
A friend of mine has a camp up in Masardes, Maine, near Ashland.
I've been hunting there several times over the years. Big woods country.

Did a trip up there this winter. Absolutely beautiful. I hope to hunt up there eventually.

I just came back from vacation from the southern part of Maine. The furthest we we went was Boothbay. We also stopped at Red’s and had a Lobster Roll sandwich there. Man was that good! I think my wife went to every antique store along Route 1. :mad:

Welcome from Indiana! The wife & I want to move to Maine. Absolutely gorgeous state. Also welcome to the addiction. Like alot hunters, I have several long guns, but unless I’m waterfowling my go to gun is my muzzleloader. I’m so comfortable with it. It’s like an extension of my arm, except the gun goes boom. My body is too old to go boom unless I fall down. Lol!

Welcome from Oklahoma.
A friend of mine has a camp up in Masardes, Maine, near Ashland.
I've been hunting there several times over the years. Big woods country.
Yes I’m just north of Ashland, the beauty of hunting an entire week and never seeing another hunter

Yes I’m just north of Ashland, the beauty of hunting an entire week and never seeing another hunter
The 5 or 6 times I've been up there, I never saw another person except for the guys at camp. I have heard gunshots off in the distance but that's about it. Spooky quiet in those Maine woods until you hear a moose crashing through. That gets your attention in a hurry, Lol

I just came back from vacation from the southern part of Maine. The furthest we we went was Boothbay. We also stopped at Red’s and had a Lobster Roll sandwich there. Man was that good! I think my wife went to every antique store along Route 1. :mad:
That would be a whole lot of stopping on Route 1. 🙂

Latest posts

Back