not your typical shot placement

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fliowa

Reaction score

I went out yesterday morning at 530 am and sat in a stand i have set up on a funnel. At around 730 am a hot doe came down the trail from my right and decided to stop right under my stand. She kept looking back down the trail and stood there for about ten seconds before running off out of sight to my left. A few seconds later I could hear the sound of a buck grunting from the direction the doe had came from. Shortly thereafter this 7pt appeared and walked right up and stood directly under my lock-on stand. It took a little contorting of my upper body and I was wearing a Hunters Safety system tree vest that allowed me lean forward without flipping off the stand. I pointed the gun straight down and put the cross hairs of the scope between his shoulder blades and touched off the old Gonic. Needless to say he never took another step. Load was 80 grains of 777 ffg , #11 cap, and 460 grain No Excuses conical.

That shot will do for sure! You gotta make the most out of your opportunities. I shot one right there with a bow one time, laid the smack down on him. Great buck, congrats! :applause:

:D
CONGRATS.............
Nice buck and what a shot. Usually it's that long shot or shot you took while being wrapped around a tree but this one is one you won't forget about to soon :!: :!:

Ray............ :wink:

Hammer Time! :yeah: :lol: Nice Buck. Sometimes you have to take what you can get.

sweet so proud for you. please post picture of the bullet after shot ! did it exit ?
if so it must be right please go back and look for it i would really like to see the spent round after impact.

edit: that also looks like a huge body size for a florida deer.

catfishtony said:
sweet so proud for you. please post picture of the bullet after shot ! did it exit ?
if so it must be right please go back and look for it i would really like to see the spent round after impact.

edit: that also looks like a huge body size for a florida deer.

The round did exit and I will post a picture if I locate it.

Congrats on a fine deer!! I took a deer like that once with my 35 Rem when I first started hunting. Hope you didn't ruin too much of them back straps. Grin. When you go back to look for that bullet, bring a shovel with ya. You might have to dig a little.

Back