NRA endorses Trump

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoHiCntry

Reaction score
Guess it's official.  The NRA just officially  endorsed Trump.  I've been hoping there would be a better choice as the Republican nominee but looks like Trump is it.  Guess it's time to get behind him.  I don't have to necessarily like him just hope that he votes the way I want.  He IS better than the alternative...  Go Trump???

Good for the NRA!

Trumps is sure not my first choice, but he's the best choice currently before us.

Kentucky Colonel said:
I will die before voting for Donald Trump for President.
I hear ya, I feel the same way about Hillary... although  I prefer to just not vote rather than die...

Kentucky Colonel said:
Do you feel a need to repeat that in every thread? We get it.

Muley said:
Kentucky Colonel said:
Do you feel a need to repeat that in every thread? We get it.

Sure. :x  

Since this is a gun lover's site and that seems to be important to us all... 
I give you Donald Trump on gun rights:

“President Obama spoke for me and every American in his remarks in [Newtown,] Connecticut,” Trump tweeted on December 17, 2012, just one day after Obama had declared there was no “excuse for inaction” on gun-violence prevention measures." 

"Trump’s past squishiness on—if not hostility toward—the NRA’s hardline agenda is well known and well documented." - Daily Beast

Can you give us Hillary Clinton on gun rights?  Trump has flipped & flopped.  That's no front page news.  So Trump is a 50/50 when it comes to gun rights but Hillary is 100% against gun rights.  Not even a question there.

Oh, no. We are screwed either way on gun rights. 

Trump is not 50/50 on this despite the NRA's play

He says what he wants. He 'tells it straight.'He has 
made it abundantly clear through most of his life that 
he has been opposed to gun rights. He has been loud 
about it.

Have fun in November.

I don't support him. I just don't want to see Hillary win. To prevent that we have to vote for Trump.

You can't see that for some dumb reason. It's not about you. It's about the country.

Trump needs all the votes to beat Hillary. If you don't vote for him you might as well go vote for Hillary. Make a decision. Sticking your head in the sand hoping it will all go away is not a decision. Man up! I'd respect you more if you just vote for Hillary.

I said before in this forum, before Trump won, 
that I would never vote for Mr. Trump. 

I still will not vote for Mr. Trump. They should 
have picked a less dangerous, repellant, and 
repugnant human being. It would not be hard 
to find one.

That IS for the good of the country. And, yes, 
I will be voting. I may be holding my nose, but 
I will be voting. It is too important not to.

Well, Colonel, we all have to choose sides.  Sounds like you've chosen yours.

You're choosing to side with:
- The lifetime welfare mama's and their baby daddy's.
- The Ferguson rioters.
- The tranny-man-in-the-girls-room crowd
- The anti-military/anti-police bunch
- The remove God from the public square brigade.  
- The LGBT "community", including the Human Rights Campaign, Americas largest LGBT org.
- The "remove all the Confederate flags and statues" movement.
- NARAL America, the abortion rights org.
- Human Society Legislative Fund.  Guess what they think about hunting.
- The ACLU.
- The Service Employees International Union.  

Hope you can hold your nose long and hard.

Regretfully, Florida will probably go for Hillary due to the foreign state to the south of me. It consists of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, etc. They should secede from Florida and rename their their state "South Jersey". The official languages will be Spanish, Creole, and Ebonics.

PS: Really, Colonel, quoting "The Daily Beast"? What's next, "The Huffington Report"? :p

Kentucky Colonel said:
I said before in this forum, before Trump won, 
that I would never vote for Mr. Trump. 

I still will not vote for Mr. Trump. They should 
have picked a less dangerous, repellant, and 
repugnant human being. It would not be hard 
to find one.

That IS for the good of the country. And, yes, 
I will be voting. I may be holding my nose, but 
I will be voting. It is too important not to.
Funny that you don't think Hillary is dangerous. Trump can change and probably will when he figures it all out. Hillary is dangerous now and will never change.

I thank you all for not kicking me out for fighting for the good of our country. 

Yes, I do love my firearms. I love my country more. I also do not believe there will be any 
difference between the two candidates on gun rights: one will just make conciliatory noises 
as he allows new restrictions to be implemented. 

Sometimes, what you believe strongly is not going to be popular everywhere you go.  
But, sometimes, the stakes are so high that you must speak if you have any integrity.

I knew you guys cared about the country and were likely to vote. So, this was not a 
time to go for 'Mr. Popular' by hiding the truth. Others have risked far more for our freedoms. 
I will handle being unpopular if need be. 

Others with concerns need to know that Trump is not a slam dunk because Trump is a menace.
I am far from alone in this strong opinion.

Yes, Trump is clearly the more dangerous of the two and I shudder that our military 
and nukes would be in his care: he has the restraint of a terrible-two year old. Why 
would he change if he were President? Why would he think he needed to?

Nukes out rank bathroom stalls in importance. I have priorities. On issues of war, trade, 
international relations, and American freedoms he is truly terrifying. He wants to halt 
Freedom of the Press and make it Freedom to flatter Trump instead. He is on the record 
as supporting violence against those who appose him- even peacefully- on any subject.

I apologize for the Daily Beast quote. However, I just looked up that tweet and that 
popped up first. Since it was a quote from Mr. Trump himself and the rest of the statement 
is generally known truth? I figured it would be all right for consumption. Besides, using 
standard and vetted Republican sources has not changed anyone's mind here.

But, I will leave you with two quotes... One is just a different source for the earlier one to let you know it was legit.

"Following the Newtown school shooting in December 2013, Trump tweeted that President Barack Obama’s speech, in which he called for action on gun control, “spoke for me and every American.” - POLITICO

[font=Roboto, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]There are many more sources and quotes and times Trump has spoken out for the need to limit gun rights. Gun rights support is a sudden convenience for him: not something he believes in or will honor. He lies and flip-flops about everything... except how great he thinks Trump is.[/font]

"Sorry, I Still Won't Ever Vote For Trump. My vote doesn’t matter, but keeping a clear conscience does." 
The National Review May 21, 2016

I think that should be a conservative enough source to please folks? Or, has the litmus test 
gotten harder than even this? Honestly, it is hard to know who will be shunned next for not being 
Republican enough. Now, they are after Paul Ryan.

Vote carefully this November, folks. It will not be pleasant, but it may be the most important 
vote of our lifetimes. Please, do not follow Trump into madness.

Thank you.

Your argument is just the negative on Trump. How about telling us what is positive and negative about Hillary? Do you think she's honest? Do you trust her?

Our country is weak now. Our military is at it's weakest. Soon other countries will start thinking they can kick our ass, and will try. This is due to Obama and some part to Hillary. Do you think this will change, or get worse? Why will it get better with her as president?

I literally get sick to my stomach when I look at the choices for November.

I do not trust Trump. In the old days, like in the last several elections, it was bad to be wishy-washy and flip-flop on issues. In this election, Trump decides on what position he is on depending on who he talks to at the moment. We don't know what we will get with Trump.

Here are some additional, dramatic flip-flops:

He condemned Republicans for “mean-spirited” attacks on illegal immigration and for a “maniacal” policy of self-deportation in 2012. He suggested that hostility on the issue partially cost Mitt Romney the presidency.
In 2011, Trump similarly suggested that the way to deal with America’s 15 million illegal immigrants is on a case-by-case basis. “You know, it’s hard to generalize,” Trump told Bill O'Reilly “You’re going to have to look at the individual people.” He added that determining citizenship for 15 million people is “going to take a long time and a lot of people.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/26/from-immigration-to-abortion-longtime-democrat-donald-trump-must-reckon-with-his-rich-progressive-history/#ixzz49Is3G9sL

Regardless of your position on abortion, here is Trump's - maybe, sort of, but he changed it for his audience:

Trump’s strong support for abortion including partial-birth abortion
Throughout his public life, Trump has steadfastly supported abortion at virtually all points in the human gestation process.
As a Reform Party candidate in 2000, he declared himself pro-choice. “I support a woman’s right to choose, but I am uncomfortable with the procedures,” he explained.
“I’m very pro-choice.” 
Calling himself “strongly for choice,” Trump explained that he would not ban abortions even in the third trimester of a pregnancy.

Planned Parenthood praised Trump’s position on abortion in August 2015. “Donald Trump seems to have realized that banning all abortions, shutting down the government, and defunding Planned Parenthood are extreme positions that are way too far outside the mainstream for even him to take,” Eric Ferrero, a spokesman for the abortion advocacy group, said.

Trump’s support for gun control has never wavered
Trump has been a longtime advocate for a ban on guns labeled as assault weapons and for longer waiting periods to purchase all guns. He has also said he doesn’t like the idea of Americans owning guns.
In his 2000 book, “The America We Deservehttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1580631312/thedaical-20,” Trump faulted the Republican Party for refusing to consider restrictions on gun ownership. After saying he opposes gun control, the 2016 Republican presidential candidate called for more gun control in the two immediately following sentences.
“I generally oppose gun control,”Trump wrote, “but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within seventy-two hours if a potential gun owner has a record.”

So what do we get with Trump?
1. We can't possibly know?
2. An unrepentant, self-serving liar?
3. Both?

I could, and will scream! How have we ever put ourselves in this situation?!
Ron

i'm with Kentucky Colonel and RonC.   Unless a third party comes aboard i won't be casting a vote for president. 

i'm a Second Amendment voter.  Nothing else matters to me; not gays, not unions, not abortions and especially not religion.

It's easy to see to how the overall moral decline (and lack of caring about it) has driven our country down the tubes.

Latest posts

Back