Nugbuk in New Zealand

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
I got a text message from Nug today saying he has killed 2 Gold Medal SCI animals in NZ. He should be home by the end of the week!! Way to go Nug 8) I'm looking forward to the pics and stories. BTW he said it is a sportsmens paradise Down there (?) Over there (?) Up there(?) :huh?: :applause: :partyman:

I am also waiting to hear all about it. That is quite a hike from New Jersey.

That sure would be an awesome trip to get to go to New Zealand hunting! I'd take more than a long weekend to go THERE!

big6x6 said:
That sure would be an awesome trip to get to go to New Zealand hunting! I'd take more than a long weekend to go THERE!

Several long weekends with a week or two in between might begin to cover it...

Sounds great Jimmy! I cant wait to read the story and drool over the pics! Wonder what cannon he took with him?

That long on an airplane and you might land on another planet!! :drinkers:

Doohan said:
Wonder what cannon he took with him?

I think the common practice is to use the outfitters rifle. The hassle and bueracratic BS just isn't worth the effort to bring your own. To me that takes a little of the fun out of it??? :roll:

Thanks guys. I?m back. I promise to post full report as soon as get some time.
Let me just say it was FANTASTIC. NZ is an outdoorsmen?s paradise.
There is no problem bringing your own gun in NZ. Metter of fact people in NZ are very tolerant to hunters. The reason I did not bring my own gun was that we spent some time traveling around NZ and did not wanted to drag gun case with me.
Anyway here are some photos and report will follow.
P4100010.jpg

P4110042.jpg

looks great Nug! I hope they had a caliber big enough for ya! That second critter looks like he needed a .458 winmag as a bare minimum!! :lol: :poke:

What are those critters anyhow?

Can't wait to hear the story. Looks like you had a great time!

Doohan wrote, "What are those critters?" I think they call it, dead. The p.c. term is harvested. Or perhaps you meant what species are they. I am just giving you a difficult time because I know you could take it. I would also like to hear what each type of animal is called and the country of origin as I would suspect they were imported some years ago to N.Z. The one looks a bit like a bigger chamois type animal. Pure speculation on my part, we will have to hear from the man himself.

Latest posts

Back