NY 2014 Season Opener

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today was the season opener here in NY, I went a field with my new Weatherby Vanguard S2 chambered in 7mm Rem Mag. Around seven thirty I had a nice 8 point come at me from across the field, I first spotted him at 250 yds. when he reached about 50 yds. a mercy flight helicopter flew over head and he paused. Facing me in a quartering towards me pose, the bullet entered his brisket and exited behind the left front leg. Bullet was the Barnes Vortex 140 gr. TTSX performed beautifully.

Here is a pic of the deer.

Here is a pic of the heart and lungs.

8)

AWESOME Buck and a great shot :!: :!: CONGRATS :applause: :applause:

Ray........... :yeah:

Excellent buck! Great caliber rifle. And a great bullet. I have a rifle in that caliber but never tried that bullet. Thanks for the hint.

Thank you, I had a total of three bucks in that field. I think he came in to fight with the other two which ran from him. They looked to be six's or eight's themselves. He never reacted to the shot, I thought I had missed him until he turned to chase and just sat and fell. There is another bigger eight up there, if he can make it till ML season I have another buck tag. I imagine by now he is in deep cover and nocturnal. The guy that lets us hunt saw him during bow and from my stand to boot but could not get a shot due to a tree. Said the rack is bleach white he may be bigger than eight too.

Back