Official: TC coming back

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an ethical and responsible hunter I can not understand or excuse the deplorable behavior of Ritz and those like him. I do wish he can redeem himself
and put Thompson Center back on its feet. Thompson Center WAS a great company, I would like to see it rise again.

As an ethical and responsible hunter I can not understand or excuse the deplorable behavior of Ritz and those like him. I do wish he can redeem himself
and put Thompson Center back on its feet. Thompson Center WAS a great company, I would like to see it rise again.
Tough to redeem yourself with this crowd. I don't care for his personality on his shows much. But I do wish him well with this and hope he can make both the company and himself great again ! Hopefully he has learned from those past mistakes and is now better positioned to do great things. After all isn't that what this life is all about!

P.S. Gregg if your listening/ reading- bring back LHR into the fold and make a .45 smokeless Redemption!
How sweet it is 😎

If I were to wager a guess, I would say that we will see some centerfire rifles in the TC Lineup and maybe a rimfire or two. As far as Muzzle Loaders I would think that a BH 209 capable gun in .40 .45 and .50 will be amongst their offerings. All just speculation on my part.

I just finished watching the Q&A video on their Facebook page. It was a little blurry and ended abruptly but was filled with great information. I’ll skip to the chase.

In addition to the Encore Platform, they not only plan on reintroducing their Hawken rifle but others like the Renegade, Seneca, White Mountain Carbine, etc. I sold all my T/C guns due to the unavailability of parts. I refused to be gouged by folks on eBay and Gun Broker with overinflated pricing.

Lord knows I don’t need more muzzleloaders. But I would gladly sell the many Traditions brand that I own for American-made. I have yet to receive more than a cleanout screw from them. As for their so-called Lifetime warranty, they have a habit of finding a way to not honor it. T/C would service a rifle that wasn’t originally sold to me.

Walt

I noticed on one of the announcements stating the return Wabash, Indiana. Anyone know what the connection is there. I live about 45 minutes from there and was just curious.

I noticed on one of the announcements stating the return Wabash, Indiana. Anyone know what the connection is there. I live about 45 minutes from there and was just curious.
That may be where Thompson Integrated Components is located. I believe that to be their "Parts" manufacturing subsidiary.

Walt

Last edited:
I have 2 T/C Hawkens a Seneca and a White Mtn Carbine and a New Englander and i would love to have a Renegade and Cherokee to add to them . The only centerfire T/C i own is a Compass II in 6.5 Creedmoor nothing fancy but i bought it new on sale and its very accurate for what it cost . But with the crazy prices of everything these days it will probably be ridiculous prices but i hope not

Two things:

1. My understanding is that S&W re-purposed all the TC machinery, tooling and whatnot for other purposes such that there was not much of the company left to sell. So what exactly was purchased? Did Ritz get any patents? Or, did he simply acquire the TC name? It would not be the first time that a once respected company was "resurrected" in name only.

2. Has anything been said whether the "new" TC will honor (lifetime) warranties of MLs, rifles and other firearms made by the "old" TC years ago?

Two things:

1. My understanding is that S&W re-purposed all the TC machinery, tooling and whatnot for other purposes such that there was not much of the company left to sell. So what exactly was purchased? Did Ritz get any patents? Or, did he simply acquire the TC name? It would not be the first time that a once respected company was "resurrected" in name only.

2. Has anything been said whether the "new" TC will honor (lifetime) warranties of MLs, rifles and other firearms made by the "old" TC years ago?
From what I saw when I watched his announcement -

The new TC purchased the name and I think he said intellectual property. They're in the process of getting the actual manufacturing process going.

He made it sound like S&W will still be responsible for S&W made TC's, while the new TC will be responsible for warranties for both old and new. It sounds like their initial production items will be parts to get the old stuff up and running, things like breech plugs, sights, etc.

Latest posts

Back