Ohio day 1 & 2 results

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaded

Reaction score
First day was a deer and second was a coyote. Deer was shot at 45 yards and coyote was shot at a little over 30 yards. I was using a Remington 870 with 26" smoothbore and bead sight, 1 oz Remington rifled slugs. The deer ran maybe 10 yards and was done and coyote didn't go anywhere. The slug did quite a bit of damage on both animals.

buttonbuckwithshotgun.jpg

coyote.jpg

I wonder how many deer have fallen to that exact combo? Its just lethal. I know before i got into muzzleloading i killed multiple deer every year with my 870. Especially great job on the coyote!

Omega45 said:
Very nice. Treestand or stalking?

Deer was from a ladder stand. The coyote I shot walking in with my climber on my back. One coyote came by as I was almost to my spot. I crouch down on the ground up against a tree trying to get it to stop. It went by and then I saw another one coming that was closer and soon as he stopped I shot him. So I was pretty much slipping through the timber when I shot the coyote. :lol:

03mossy said:
I wonder how many deer have fallen to that exact combo? Its just lethal. I know before i got into muzzleloading i killed multiple deer every year with my 870. Especially great job on the coyote!

It is a close range powerhouse that's for sure!

Congratulations! Meat in the freezer and one less predator in the woods.

Congrats! i had a similar week, doe on Wednesday and yote on Friday.

Very nice. Those Remington "Sluggers" are great in both 12 and 20 gauge.
Congrats!

Back