OK Knight fans...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
PICT0409.jpg

For those of you who may not venture into the modern section of this site or if perhaps you thought of buying a KP1 as a muzzleloader and adding a centerfire barrel, here is my .30-06 range report. 100 yards shot with 150 grain Remington Core-Lokts... measured 1". I'll give a report on the muzzleloading barrel in the near future... :)

UC, you will find this next story interesting. I switched barrels to the muzzleloader and mounted a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 with the Talley rings (I really like that Prostaff). I really didn't shoot for a group, just to darn hot here in S.C., but all shots were under two inches. I did get it sighted in 2 1/2" high @ 100 with 120 grains of BH209 and a Barnes 245 grain spitfire. I used the red discs for all ten shots and they worked awesome,,, I will never shoot this gun without them. I had zero blow back into the action and the weird part is the discs were just as red on the outside as when I loaded them... all shots went bang instantly by the way. I will have to say this is a very impressive gun,,, both barrels will shoot between 1 and 1 3/4" @ 100 yards all day long. Speaking as a former Encore owner, I can tell you that's not too shabby.

I'm glad yours is trouble free and shooting well. Mine will be back soon, I hope, and it should be in good working order. The barrel on mine is fine if I can just get rid of the blowback issue. The broken magnet wasn't helping at all.

Did you read my other posting on changes that are to be made in the KP1?

And did I ask you if your FPJ plug is domed or cupped? Anyway, tell me again. :D

I did see your other post, I wonder if Knight will update all of us who bought one early? The FPJ plug is the concave variety and worked very well with BH,,, the non-FPJ plug is domed.

I would say they would if ASKED to do so. Doubt if they openly volunteer to update the rifles. Those breech plug magnets are apparently breaking pretty often - thus the need for that change. My guess is there are other guys out there trying to make the KP1 shoot heavy conicals and breaking magnets in the process.

Sort of doubt you even need that extractor to shoot using the FPJs. Might be easier to use them without that sticking extractor.

Hey guys! I will jump in here, albeit briefly. I used the domed plug in my Disc Elite and it works as it should. 30 shots so far and no issues. Just an FYI. :)

Back