Old hunting clothes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys do with your old hunting clothes. You know, the ones that shrunk from the passing years!
I have a guy at my church that hunts and has 2 boys and 2 girls that are also hunters or coming of age and want to be. I gave them a lot of real good clothing that I can no longer fit into but his boys can. Some really good stuff to like Cabelas gortex, thinsulate outfits and Columbia all weather gortex parka I used for duck hunting. Feels good to be able to help out others, especially younger hunters.

Pass them on. I have had many passed on to me. Very cold yesterday here in upstate NY and I had a brand new pair of Johnson wool pants on that were given to me. They get a good buck for them now.

Regardless of how I use my old clothes, I send them to help centres. This allows me to help those who cannot buy new clothes.
The only requirement, in this case, is that the clothes be in good condition and without damage. Then they can be given to families. This applies to clothing for hunting and camping. However, if it is an expensive suit, I try to give it to the atelier or dry cleaner to repair the damage. The essential rule here is that the better the case initially, the more reliable its use. If you do not have a suitable one and are searching, you may need to look at this site. In my opinion, every man should have a quality suit. What do you think about it?

Back