New here, but old ML hunter w/bad eyes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks, an old goat like me can hopefully learn new tricks here.
My eye sight does not allow me to be confident in taking deer with iron sights over about 30 yards. My only ML with a scope is a Knight LK-93 that I bought new for my ex years ago. She did not hunt but I have a GOOD one now that does and she just happens to have a scoped LK-93 with years of hunting experience under her skirt. I am a lucky guy!

Howdy folks, an old goat like me can hopefully learn new tricks here.
My eye sight does not allow me to be confident in taking deer with iron sights over about 30 yards. My only ML with a scope is a Knight LK-93 that I bought new for my ex years ago. She did not hunt but I have a GOOD one now that does and she just happens to have a scoped LK-93 with years of hunting experience under her skirt. I am a lucky guy!
Me to. Gave up open sights about 15 years ago. Nothing like a good scope.

This old goat is 79 and still hunting.

Welcome,

I must admit to a sin to compensate for these 60 yr old eyes. I put a red dot on a T/C Hawken .50. Please forgive my transgressions.
That ain't no sin, thats just modernizing a fine gun to make it even better. If red dots and 3-9x40 scopes were available 100 years ago you can bet your @$$ they would be on nearly every old hawken

Welcome to the Forum! 🤠

I originally came for info on the CVA Optima V2 pistol. Got lots of good info, liked the Forum, and stuck around!

Lots of knowledgeable, helpful folks here. 👍

Also one on the most “polite” Forums on the ‘net!

I turn 65 next month and my eyes are not great anymore. When I look at the front sight I see 2 of them. I now use a pair of 1X reading glasses. They make the front sight pretty clear and the target pretty fuzzy. But still good enough to shoot pretty well out to 100 yards.

If you have to be limited to 30 yards, so be it. That is about what I can shoot my bow at. Try different things for more, but accept it if you are limited to short range. It is still possible to get close!

Latest posts

Back