Olde Eynsford vs Regular Goex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoytFlinger

Reaction score
I found some Olde Eynsford about an hour away. Is it that much better than regular Goex to drive an hour for it? Can't find Swiss anywhere near me.

for the most part, no. But O-E is a very good powder, second by just a bit to Swiss in power and consistency. It IS a better powder than Goex, But Goex is a very good powder too. Fine for hunting or target. For most Typical situations, Goex is great. (I use a lot of it) Its mostly the match and competition guys who shoot a lot of OE, and Swiss.

I believe it's made by Goex, their top of the line powder to compete with Swiss. It's hotter that Goex.
It leaves a greasier residue compare to Swiss (actually everything does -ha). The cartridge guys love it. For me, I found it does not shoot as well (accurate) as Swiss.

I wish I could find some Swiss locally. Cabelas is opening up in a few months here in town so might be able to score some there. Best I am going to do for now is Olde Eynsford or regular Goex.

Back