omega breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimpenny

Reaction score
Which end are you guys talking about that are concave? I don't know the difference in the flat and concave plugs. Hope this is not a dumb question, but now I'm confused.

The powder end.
The concave is recessed and allows loose powder to fill the recess and be in direct contact with the flash hole - not the best with pellets because there will be a space.

The flat bp allows pellets direct contact in the center.

Steve

Anyone have pictures of the three different plugs that they could post?

billyzink said:
Anyone have pictures of the three different plugs that they could post?

I have all three plugs but not sure I can figure out how to post a picture. I can send one email as I do know how to do that.

Store bought breech plugs

Are the breech plugs you buy in stores the concave ones? do you need to special order them fron T/C?

MLKeith
You might e-mail it to Sabotloader, he usually helps us out on that kind of stuff. I believe 6x6 has a set of instructions on how to do it if you want to try On this sever you have to go to a picture sever like photo bucket as a middle step. Lee

Sent picture to Sabotloader of the three Omega/Encore plugs and a fourth which is the .25ACP that I think is made from a stock T/C small concave plug. The flat face came with my rifle and I believe it is intended for pellets, the small concave has a large ring around the concave portion to make a place for pellets to seat without crushing them and still work with loose powder, the big concave I believe was an early Encore plug intended for loose powder only. Maybe he will be able to post them.

Here is the picture of Omega plugs from ML

Request for pictures of all three Omega/Encore plugs. The three from left to right are flat faced, small concave, large concave and the last one is a .25ACP which I think is made from the small concave standard plug. Sorry, but I am not versed in how to post pictures on all the sites. Some are really a complex procedure and us old guys learn slow. If you can post these as requested I would appreciate it and I am sure the guys wanting the pictures would also. Thanks, Keith Lewis (MLKeith)

plugs1.jpg
[/quote]

Pictures on the last post via Sabotloader (I couldn't figure out how to do it but he can).

MLKeith said:
Sent picture to Sabotloader of the three Omega/Encore plugs and a fourth which is the .25ACP that I think is made from a stock T/C small concave plug. The flat face came with my rifle and I believe it is intended for pellets, the small concave has a large ring around the concave portion to make a place for pellets to seat without crushing them and still work with loose powder, the big concave I believe was an early Encore plug intended for loose powder only. Maybe he will be able to post them.

Here is the picture of Omega plugs from ML

Request for pictures of all three Omega/Encore plugs. The three from left to right are flat faced, small concave, large concave and the last one is a .25ACP which I think is made from the small concave standard plug. Sorry, but I am not versed in how to post pictures on all the sites. Some are really a complex procedure and us old guys learn slow. If you can post these as requested I would appreciate it and I am sure the guys wanting the pictures would also. Thanks, Keith Lewis (MLKeith)

plugs1.jpg
[/quote] Which one is best for bh209 use??

Which one is best for bh209 use??

Don't really know which one is the 'best' for BH209, but i do know that the one pictured second works for me. It works when it is warm, cold, and below zero. It works when it is dirty i.e. when the hole has hard carbon to the point where the flash hole is only 1/16" diameter, and when it is clean. Recently purchased one at Cabela's; the TC part # is 7763

I use the one that is second from the left with Bh209 and I'm getting great results. I've never seen the the one that is third from the left.

I've got both 2cd and 3rd from left and have used them interchangably with my Omega and Encore with BH209. I could'nt tell the difference but my gut says to use the 3rd from left so that's my primary...
I also have the 4th which is a #2 with .25ACP mod and it doesn't work for me with BH209 and CCI mag small primers - distinct snap/bang most every shot.

Back